• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Exploit for the War that's going on in EQ: (1 Viewer)

darkeros

RedCents
35¢
If you pull the captains of either sides army to the opposing side's army...then let the army beat down the captain...as long as you do one damage at any point in time(mob has to have aggro from damage on you before it dies, doesnt have to be the killing hit) to the captain, the corpse will stay for you to loot.

This does not work for the regular army mobs like warriors, necros, shaman, etc. Only captains.

The captains have been dropping loot for all classes...I've seen only 280hp and above items.

Have fun.

Only in zones where the war is actually taking place can they be hit. Some zones they're in, but they're not actually warring.

Its not really an exploit. My guild spent some time in innoluthe swamp in the frog/de war...it can get ugly but its blast...the captain's of ykesha are the only ones that drop loot or can drop loot, whoever gets exp gets the loot ability, so setting up a small raid is the best option...There is some time-tacvi level gear dropping though, so its well worth the risk

The major mobs like the general/colonel/tacticians can be killed and are guaranteed to drop one item. Each one we killed dropped a bp. However, as far as I can tell they can only be killed once. After that, you can't cast on them.

The captains cannot be split...you have to bring their entire group to the other army.

The loot would be best described as rare drops.

The items I've won have been nothing less than 285hp, so I wouldn't begin to say that's time level.

Also something to note...

Warlord Ykesha can be killed by training all three guktan armies onto him over and over. When the mobs die it's like instant respawn so get a FD'er or a bard with lots of mana to just keep training over and over.

He will die, and reportedly upon death the war is over and the mobs don't respawn, so be careful what you wish for.

Anyone know where the war is continuing to today? I check Innothule this morning and it looked like the gukta were destroyed. I am wondering where they are going next.

Thanks

theocracy said:
If you suck you can't split them. I did it with a ranger and a warrior.

The warriors are linked to the captain. If they aren't attacking something, they are following the captain. Sucking ability has nothing to do with it.

I have checked Gfay, but I was told by a friend that the events only last 24 hours in one zone. I found the perfect pattern in innothule where the armies met up by themselves and i just assisted in kiling the captain...lol. But i will check out Gfay.

Thanks

If you have aggro on the captain along with his friends and run (with bard speed) you will lose aggro from the captain and he'll walk back, but his friends will continue to pursue and/or just stand there like idiots. If you aren't a bard, I would aggro and lead them in a direction where I could warp to a mob/person ahead of me just enough so the captain would turn back, but his minions would follow or stop moving. Thus tagging the captain as he walks back, single.

theocracy said:
If you suck you can't split them. I did it with a ranger and a warrior.

Now That i think it of it you could do it with a ranger and a monk lol ranger snares him and hits pok or gets out one way or another and monk throws soemthing runs away fd's then pulls the snared capt to orcs... or can he be snared?

the war in gfay and innothule are both over, i dont think there is anything goin on for a while now

Exploit for the War that's going on in EQ:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back