• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Evolving Items Leveling... (1 Viewer)

chuck2256

RedCents
Any ideas on decent evolving items leveling? 70 cleric.... The old macro for opening cocoons and leveling doesnt work anymore as the cocoons no longer give xp when opened so I am just going to level the item the old way till something quicker can be figured out.

Thanks

Quickest way I've found is shrouding down to a level 5 or 10 and having a druid/mage keep damage shields on you as you work your way thru your favorite low level area. This also works well in unlocking the next level shroud in the line you're using.

Well shrouded down to level 5 and killed for 30 mins in runnyeye....got shroud to 20% but didnt even budge evolving item.... any other ideas out there?

You also have to activate the experience for the evolving items from the evolving items tab at top of the Inventory Window. A lot of people don't catch that when first starting out.

the clicky effect is the only reason to keep the POS atm

You are probably talking about the werewolf mask with click 50 resists then, but i could be wrong. That one is an Intelligent Evolving item. It gains xp MUCH MUCH slower than most. If it’s on par with the DoDh range intelligent item you’re looking at 19-30 kills per 1% of xp on it. There are rumors that certain mobs give a better return, but I’ve never encountered it.

Yes, you do get a xp message from the muffin turn in, now need to figure how many muffins need to be turned in to get 1% on evolving item but I think u are onto something here, i experimented with 40 muffins, didnt go up any but i think if done in mass quanities this will work.....now anybody feel like writing a little macro to automate this? Say 4 bags full of muffins, being turned in 1 at a time to pandos flintside in freeport west? nothing extravagant of course just a search through packs for muffins then hand in one at a time till 4 turned in and rinse and repeat till outta muffins ..... would make life easier :) ( Hell for simplicities sake 1 muffin ata time would work to )

Welll.... answered my own question and found a macro at MQ2 forums that does the handins... went through 40 stacks of muffins and nothing yet, back of my mind is telling me im not getting any hits to the item for these xp turn ins, but im gonna keep going through maybe 100 more stacks and see what happens... will keep ya guys informed.

100 stacks x 20 = 2000 xp messages and still nothing.... / sigh , was to good to be true anyways :(

Mask at 4% now , got 1% on 3 creator dons and an anguish raid, got 1% killing like 40 LB to DB in corathus creep, slow grueling process for solo cleric, bought an evolving item in bazaar , the mask has 3 levels the item i bought in bazaar had 6 levels with 12% into level one and used the evolving item xp transfer in CC and it bumped mask up 2%......

LBs in griegs are shit for an inteligent tiem, one that has only 3 levels, killed over 100 LB in there and got nothing. I did a fire resist 4 mission to help a friend and got 1% in that dodh mission....2 and a half hours for 1%.....

chuck2256 said:
... bought an evolving item in bazaar , the mask has 3 levels the item i bought in bazaar had 6 levels with 12% into level one and used the evolving item xp transfer in CC and it bumped mask up 2%......

Can you explain this "used the evolving item xp transfer in CC" a little more? Thanks!

-SimpleMynd

Switch Billingsley in Corathus Creep. There is a lever just in front of him. When you click that a "evolving item XP transfer" window opens up. It even lets you know what each items % will be afterwards. Be warned its not a 1:1 transfer, and I havn't used it enough so dont know what the actual transfer rate is.

Edit: Billingsley is at -441.00, 328.00, -8.69

Yep what Mantiknight said... another note, the first item i bought was some evolving sword that has 6 levels i think it had 12% into level one and was 75% compatible with my werewolf mask for xp transer which came out to 2% wolf mask xp...I then bought a Noggledrop shield that has 3 levels so i assume its a Intelligent item same as my wolf mask having 3 levels, when i popped them both into the machine it said they were not compatible for xp transfer so be warned, either you have to use evolving items (6/6 levels) with an inteligent item (3/3 levels) or there are some items not compatible period....btw the 6/6 item i used the first time with my wolf mask was a sword of the newborn vampire or something like that.

Evolving Items Leveling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back