• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Everquest using only a Steam Controller (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
So my wife bought me a Steam Controller for christmas and I have been tinkering around with it. I never expected the controller to be as versatile as it is, and have converted to using it in every MMO I play (FFXIV, GW2, EQ, etc..). its pretty darn amazing and the only thing I find lacking is the ability to chat with other folks (a non-issue if solo or raiding since that is voice chat anyhow). With EQ obviously, you can just macro anything so in most cases you only need a couple buttons per char, and one button to flip between boxes. (I use Autohotkey script WinActivateBottom command to bind one key to flip between all windows) In other games I use extensive autohotkey scripts to macro simple combat rotations that I find repetitive and mundane. Its pretty nice to just strip down the UI and kick back on the couch with a gamepad.

Is anyone else doing this?

Tech - Everquest using only a Steam Controller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back