• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EverQuest 'No Longer Responding' Freezing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I don't understand what's happening, I bot 4 chars on one computer, and I'll come back to 2 characters out of 4 being "frozen" and eq.exe "no longer responding" in task manager, requiring me to exit/kill the task and reopen the game and log back on - it seems to be the same two characters, I'm not sure why two characters would freeze while others would not, somethings wrong and I just can't figure it out - It can't be a UI issue, its got to be something in the kiss assist settings, or something else i have no clue about

Anyone who's experienced this and resolved it, would really appreciate your help and advice

Also check what other processes you are running when you bot your 4 chars.

Open up Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Esc and take a look at what is going on.

Start with Process tab:

Each instance should not take more than 5-10% of CPU time on a modern CPU.

Also Ram use should not be more than 800MB on each eqgame.exe . Actually you can get it down to about 500MB per process if you turn off unwanted graphics models.

I wrote more on this here: http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/30917-Pc-help-w-5th-account

I had this same problem the other day. I had updated my ini files with the new clickies I had got on each toon. All my toons except my Monk worked fine, but she would keep freezing. I had added her neck piece to the buffs list, come to find out there is no buff on her neck piece it is an effect. I removed her neck piece from the buffs list and everything worked fine.

Make sure all your items you have listed in any of the buffs sections in fact have spells on them. Test each one manually before starting Kissassist.

I had this same problem the other day. I had updated my ini files with the new clickies I had got on each toon. All my toons except my Monk worked fine, but she would keep freezing. I had added her neck piece to the buffs list, come to find out there is no buff on her neck piece it is an effect. I removed her neck piece from the buffs list and everything worked fine.

Make sure all your items you have listed in any of the buffs sections in fact have spells on them. Test each one manually before starting Kissassist.

THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE RESPONSE I HAVE RECEIVED.

Thank you for your help, but it is not in any way CPU or Memory related, because its a specific 2 chars that keep freezing, the rest are 100% always operating fully fine, my ram is 16gb, and memory usage/graphic settings is set to minimum, so there should be no issues here, I am on windows 8.1

Please advise, i find its a bug that errors in the KissAssist INI file cause freezes after X amount of hours, pls advise on how to fix this, or maybe the admins can work on fixing this in future updates
After I deleted the INI file and rebuilt it with minimum dps skills/spells, it removed the freezes on that one char, while i left the other INI file alone, that char keeps freezing still and no longer freezes the other char that i redid the INI for

Its clearly causing it

I had this exact same thing awhile ago as well. Neck piece always had a clicky until 100. Just updated thinking there would be a clicky there as well. Kisscheck checked out and only going toon by toon, line by line I found out, hey there's no clicky there and that solved my crashing

Question - EverQuest 'No Longer Responding' Freezing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back