• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EverQuest 2022 RoadMap (1 Viewer)

While I do worry about a UI engine either translating to a terrible UI overhaul or a lot breaking for MQ (or both), the reality is EQ's UI is... well it looks terrible to a brand new player. Even before a new player has to deal with EQs learning curve, the first thing they see when they login is a disaster of a UI that looks like it's from a half-developed game. It's nice how much can be customized, but it's a huge pain in the ass to make it look nice, and if you look at 10 EQ screenshots typically 10 of them will look like someone just puked UI elements all over the screen. If I'd never played EQ before there is no way I'd put up with the UI as-is long enough to make it through Gloomingdeep.

So, there's a ton of low hanging QOL fruit, and I'm going to do my best to be optimistic that that's what they focus on and don't just turn it into some unusable pile of shit that is a little prettier.

If anyone from Daybreak is reading this, my two top UI wish list items: snappable/groupable/lockable UI pieces and being able to resize UI windows by manually typing in their pixel dimensions.
Can already snap and lock just not group or size by pixel(unless you go into ini)

Not to other pieces, just to the sides/center, and locking is independent of other winds.
I'm hoping they don't screw it up. As "old and outdated" as people like to say, EQ UI has more customizability than I've ever seen in a game(to go along with more buttons than any game lol), though it takes some time to decide and setup how you like, it can be done in innumerable ways.

News - EverQuest 2022 RoadMap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back