• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

#Event Question (1 Viewer)

Czarman

RedCents
1,381¢
Ok I love making my life easier by using macros that decipher emotes, however I noticed that Events in MQ seem to be any time you see a certain text ANY WHERE. Thus if someone uses says, guild chat, or even channel chat the words in the event it will also trigger. Is there a way to actually narrow this down to just triggering on an EMOTE? or say if I filter out "other" have it trigger from that in a separate window? One example would be OMM. Since now there are VOICE triggers in EQ everyone is testing them by using says thus setting off any macro event.

Rich (BB code):
#event timetoclick     "#*#Gaze of deadly power focusing on you#*#"

Maybe adding and telling it to skip the other will work?

Rich (BB code):
#event timetoclickNOT     "#*#says Gaze of deadly power focusing on you#*#"

Just a thought, as I noticed some anti-MQ people trying to get others' events to go by saying key phrases. Definately need to use any /g or announcing in macros carefully.

The easy way to fix this would be to set your event to fire on the EXACT text of the emote instead of using #*#. Noone can fake that, and it won't fire if it's not an exact match.

-CodeCaster

#Event Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back