• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Offset - Error: String not found (1 Viewer)

V1C7UM

RedCents
I was playing with EQ earlier, when I deleted EQstr_us / en.txt.

When I was ingame, most functions still worked... but all of them said Error:string not found (####) the #'s being random string numbers associated with the function... realized this would be a great easy way to locate functions through a disassembly program.

Everyone knows if you convert the decimal string to hex you can locate the functions general viscinity.

Not sure if this is still useful information anyone, just started playing EQ again and I've been messing around on EQemu with this... trying to get the old backstab with any weapon to work again.

eqstr_us gives a start of where to look for offsets depending on what you want to do, but the text file is really just a call for the program to put out text strings. It's easier on the programmers that way so they can change the messages without going through the programming.

Offset - Error: String not found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back