• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - EQUI Keybindings List

RedCents
333¢
Hi all, trying to get a list of EQUI Keybindings in a text file so that I can add them into the RG Wiki. Done some searching this morning but can find how to get them...any help appreciated:)

Solution
Done it:) In summary;

• The command to output all EQ Keybindings is /bind eqlist, run on a new character to get the basic default list
  • Load Utility MQ2Log to capture the MQ Window output (generally used by devs) and this captures the output into a text file
  • Use Excel to split columns and generate required table.
Happy bunny :)
OK, so that opens the Next MQ Settings window, and thats great as it has MQ Key Bindings (21) and Everquest Key Bindings (546) - by Name, Bind and Alt, but how can I get at the base data to be able to set up a table (for the wiki)?

Sic, your right with me :) Thats where I started, but "Note these are LamahHerders keybindings so what they are set as defaultEQ is different... sowy"

So trying to confirm the "default" keybinding list....

That MQ Settings window is great, just can't find where it grabs the settings from, but will keep looking. Thank you thought, greatly appreciated :)

? i mean, your personal eq bindings are what you've bound your hotkeys to. so if you've changed your left key to P instead "A" or "left" then P would make you move left

maybe i'm not understanding you. i'll just leave ya to it

The in-game command I need is /bind eqlist and to ensure I have the correct defaults (as the listing in MacroQuest /keybindings is slightly non-default), I'll run on a new toon.

But still trying to figure how to get the MQ2 Window output to send to a file instead? ....oh chat logs?!....going to check

Last edited:
Done it:) In summary;

• The command to output all EQ Keybindings is /bind eqlist, run on a new character to get the basic default list
  • Load Utility MQ2Log to capture the MQ Window output (generally used by devs) and this captures the output into a text file
  • Use Excel to split columns and generate required table.
Happy bunny :)

Solution
Question - EQUI Keybindings List

Users who are viewing this thread

Back