• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EQbeta announcement (1 Viewer)

Headcrab

RedCents
<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: LGM-Greeblen : Greetings Norrath! Would you like to participate in the Beta for the next EverQuest expansion? If so, we're looking for enthusiastic players like you! To sign up, go to https://store.station.sony.com/eqbeta/index.jsp

This was announced at 2:13PM EST.

Not sure if joke or what since I don't remember hearing about even the name of the next exspansion.

Veteran Assling said:
this is just about enough to say bye to eq
Uh, why? Because there will be more content? If you were to say there are unaddressed issues with TSS, I would agree with you, but EQ has had unaddressed bugs since day one. Nothing you could say now would not have applied 2 or 6 years ago, except for an enormous amount of mudflation, and a lot of loosening up of the Vision. Ports everywhere, etc.

hehe, I love their agreement:

(6) You agree, grant SOE the right and consent, for the term of your participation in the Beta Program, to allow SOE to upload certain DxDiag DirectX diagnostic information, hardware, software, driver, operating system and related information, including crash logs, from your computer solely for the purpose of analyzing, improving and maintaining the Game;

Wow, talk about getting anally probed... I'd hate to forget to turn off MQ2 :)

I'd have to say too many expansions is better than not enough. WoW is just getting around to their first expansion in over 2 years. EQ has had 4 expansions since then (five if you count OOW which came out a couple weeks before WoW).

Why do people always say stupid shit about quitting, or "Wow, another expansion" when another expansion is announced? It's not like Sony has changed their schedule since about the time PoP came out, so excuse me if I call a spade a spade and say that you're either extremely unobservant of patterns, or a just a tard.

Let's take a look.

PoP: Oct. 21, 2002 (Level cap+)
LoY: March 3, 2003
LDoN: Sept. 8, 2003 [Instances]
GoD: Feb. 11, 2004 <Hardcore raiding>
OOW: Sept. 13, 2004 (Level cap+)
DoN: Feb 15, 2005 [Instances]
DoDH: Sept 12, 2005 <Hardcore raiding>
PoR: Feb 21, 2006
TSS: Roughly Sept. 15, 2006. (don't know the exact date, but was about then) (Level cap +)

So, if it isn't completely obvious by now, let me put it more clearly. This will be the start of the 5th year where Sony has put out one expansion in the fall, and one in the winter. There are *other* trends...for example, this so-called "BS" expansion will most likely be an expansion centered around instanced content a la L/DoN, and the next expansion will probably be a raiding centered one, but who knows, really.

Well at least someone else said it Thez, It's the same thing every expansion..gripe gripe gripe. But they come out regularly..accept it and move on. Every Spring and Fall like clock work just like the Fabled zones....People dont react too well to change I guess. I'd hate it if they didnt add content to the game, I am in a high end guild and sometimes we beat expansions with still a month or 2 to go til the next one (we are running a bit behind on this one though). Talk about getting burned out with content...raiding the same stuff all the time is just horrid.

Anyway suck it up yall, and I'll let you in on a lil secret....there will be ANOTHER expansion in September!! (Keep that on the down lo)

Ryzon said:
I'd have to say too many expansions is better than not enough. WoW is just getting around to their first expansion in over 2 years. EQ has had 4 expansions since then (five if you count OOW which came out a couple weeks before WoW).

Ya, but WOW put extra stuff in with each patch, rather than making the players pay for every new tweak.

EQbeta announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back