• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Epic 2.0 questions (1 Viewer)

Sippi

RedCents
796¢
I have been having a blast starting from scratch and building up my teams to eventually have a small raid force. This site has been an amazing help in making this happen, so first of all, thank you!

I have 24 characters now all between the levels of 85 and 101. I figured that it's probably time to do some Epic 2.0's for some of the classes where there is the biggest bang for the buck. My question is, which classes should really get their epic 2.0? Which classes are helped the most from it? Which should be ignored? Which help a good bit but aren't vital? Which still are of use at lvl 120? You get the idea. For reference, I have at least one of each class with the exception of paladin, druid and necro. Thanks for your input.

Sippi

shd, brd, shm = absolute requirement
cleric, zerker (if not hdex'd out of your mind, so yes), rogue - definitely worth
pal - sure but not a deal breaker

SK, BARD, SHM, and NECRO are a must IMO! Others to consider would be the Cleric, Zerker, and possibly the Rogue. I have never done the Rogue Epic before but is is Loooooooonnnng!!!
necro epic is no longer used at current game. 2.5 was for a long time, but no more.

necro epic is no longer used at current game. 2.5 was for a long time, but no more.
Which is exactly why I said in my Opinion ...with as hard as the mobs are hitting these days and as many HP's that a trash mob has in these new zones, what good is a Cleric epic ...really? It might stop your impending doom for a few more secs ...but if you need to use the Cleric Epic ...then your healing probably sucks anyway. It is all objective. No that is does much you are right, but you won't get a Necro to tell you that he/she doesn't need their Epic and who is going to go do those old raids to finish up a 2.5??? It's all good in the neighborhood. :angel: Peace Out! :angel:

wasnt the whole thing about the necro 2.0 was that its worn focus was really good in how it would apply to high level spells, and then whenever they nerfed it, they made the effect decay similar to most other level appropriate worn foci?

but nothing wrong with doing your epics then the retelling etc.. gotta look good while kicking h-ass!

wasnt the whole thing about the necro 2.0 was that its worn focus was really good in how it would apply to high level spells, and then whenever they nerfed it, they made the effect decay similar to most other level appropriate worn foci?

but nothing wrong with doing your epics then the retelling etc.. gotta look good while kicking h-ass!
yep, it isn't worth using anymore, just isn't. it was for a long time, and even when they first changed it, but nah.

and cleric epic isn't same level as shm or bard or sk of importance - but is a great extra "oh shit" button. objectively a great extra oh shit. group member getting whack'd by an add but you don't want to swap targets, or had an unexpected dip, boom.

would i rather +1 oh shit buttons or no? hrm, pretty easy choice. at that right, might not be worth autogranting and building up AAs - should just pure spawn cleric at 120, no AA, using club*, 12 hps or w/e, easy to keep topped off with 12 hps

:p

Which is exactly why I said in my Opinion ...with as hard as the mobs are hitting these days and as many HP's that a trash mob has in these new zones, what good is a Cleric epic ...really? It might stop your impending doom for a few more secs ...but if you need to use the Cleric Epic ...then your healing probably sucks anyway. It is all objective. No that is does much you are right, but you won't get a Necro to tell you that he/she doesn't need their Epic and who is going to go do those old raids to finish up a 2.5??? It's all good in the neighborhood. :angel: Peace Out! :angel:
I play a necro and I will tell you that i do not use epic any more, nor do any other necro that i know of.
I also got my 2.5 - it wasn't difficult.

Hmmm… for bard and shaman it is just the clickie right? No need to get the Aug other than completion purposes?

For my necro I just need to get it because of my completion obsession.

yeah the 2.5 was just an invisible aug that was added to your 2.0 basically..

but for the 2.0's that sic mentioned as must haves, yep they are all "click from inventory" items.. no need to wear / equip.. bag em and click em!

Well I have 2 sk's so I figured I'd start with them as they seem to be the best bang for the buck. 1.5 pre quest was quick. 1.5 was pretty quick as well. Doing the 2.0 now. Spent about 8 hours in HS for those bracers, but I've been in Kithicor for 3 days straight and no ring. And to think I have to get 2 rings is freaking me out, lol. Any of you who have done this a few times have any advice? What's the fastest way to do this? I have 2 bards on different computers running throughout the zone with AOE song playing. Then every so often, bringing lots of mobs to a spot and AOE killing, Any faster way I don't know about? Is there certain mobs I need to target or anything undead? Sorry to ask this simple question but I'll pulling my hair out here.

Lastly, can my lvl 100 sk solo the orb in anguish? Back in the day I know it was a raid but I assume I can get it with just him. Thoughts? Thanks as always.
Sippi

Lhrancs-Ring.jpg
Lhranc’s Ring – Kithicor Forest
This drops off “undead military” type mobs. So undead mobs that have names such as “commander, knight, corporal, private” etc. It’s best to do this one at night time.

straight from https://www.eqprogression.com/shadow-knight-2-0-epic-guide-innoruuks-dark-blessing/

I think I spent less than 30 mins to get the rings.

if your really looking for another quest i consider a handy dandy oh shit click, i would suggest getting the vermillion sky ring from posky quests for any of your shaman. its a handy dandy FD click that has saved my alchemists on a couple occasions not game breaking anymore but def still a fun addition to your arsenal.

I have been having a blast starting from scratch and building up my teams to eventually have a small raid force. This site has been an amazing help in making this happen, so first of all, thank you!

I have 24 characters now all between the levels of 85 and 101. I figured that it's probably time to do some Epic 2.0's for some of the classes where there is the biggest bang for the buck. My question is, which classes should really get their epic 2.0? Which classes are helped the most from it? Which should be ignored? Which help a good bit but aren't vital? Which still are of use at lvl 120? You get the idea. For reference, I have at least one of each class with the exception of paladin, druid and necro. Thanks for your input.

Sippi
Get ready to curse cragbeast blood drops for eternity...
Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Question - Epic 2.0 questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back