• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Easy swap ini files (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,153¢
Hey guys, is there an easy preload / set for ini files?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
I run my shaman as a healer with my full group. I run my tank 100% pure tank in full group.
I run my shaman as a spot healer / dps when duoing with just the tank. I want Dots on my tank's lineup when I am duo'ing.

Can anyone suggest or lead me to how to 'preload' each role for these characters without having to manually create an .ini file for each role?

Thank you. Running Kissassist. Will use a different macro if more appropriate.

You can just /mac kissassist Modename. Like /mac kissassist PullerTank or /mac kissassist Tank happen to be two I use for my tank. You could put a bunch of conditions on what mode it's running but if you want them to act different gonna have to have different settings for each one no matter what you use. Also have two ini's for my enchanter and use /mac kissassist INI <ini filename> to easily switch between an ini that is for dps and one that focuses on just mez'ing. So there are multiple choices for how to accomplish what you are wanting without too much work.

Last edited:
Hey guys, is there an easy preload / set for ini files?

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
I run my shaman as a healer with my full group. I run my tank 100% pure tank in full group.
I run my shaman as a spot healer / dps when duoing with just the tank. I want Dots on my tank's lineup when I am duo'ing.

Can anyone suggest or lead me to how to 'preload' each role for these characters without having to manually create an .ini file for each role?

Thank you. Running Kissassist. Will use a different macro if more appropriate.
you can use the ini flag to load a specific ini if you have more than just roles specificed - like you have diff spell lineup and whatnot

Alternate ini files: You can also tell KissAssist to load an alternate ini file. If your wizard has a separate ini to use ice nukes instead of fire nukes or your tank wants to run a DPS setup on easier content, you can just save another ini file and load that instead of your defaults.
examples:
/mac kissassist ini kissassist_Name_IceNukes.ini
/mac kissassist ini kissassist_Name_IceNukes.ini assist Tankname 98

Question - Easy swap ini files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back