• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Earthshaker Ideas?? (1 Viewer)

mybstfrnd3

RedCents
Hey, I recently got an Earthshaker on the Combine server, and was wondering if anybody had some good ideas for zones that could be....shaken. Obviously I could shake PoV, PoN, and PoV, but with no summon... I'm sure that would open up more zones to be shaken as well. Which zones would be far enough out of the way to where they wouldn't draw to much attention is the question. Kill the cat if you must, but I can't find the answer to this anywhere else. Thanks

I'm not really understanding your question, Earthshaker doesn't shake zones. The proc is an AE proc (hits all nearby enemies) that hits between 214-246 damage. If you wanted to work on your faction in Sebilis for the Woodelf crown, this would be the way to do it.

He is talking about shaker paging with a warrior/shaman combo I would assume. And if you get another warrior and shaman in the mix you can shakerpage most of PoFire.

Shakerpaging works basically like this:

Warrior takes off all haste, then gets slowed by a shaman (this is important), warrior grabs ton of mobs (the more the better), hits a Riposte to all discipline (I think it was Furious).

Because crapload of mobs are trying to hit the war and war is riposting them all you get multiple Shaker procs(of course could be any other proc, but we want AOE procs and shaker is the best) going off. If I remember it correctly, fully slowed warrior had about 50 percent chance to proc off each riposte.

When it works it is just a wonderful sight to behold, when it doesn't (lag, etc.) warrior dies very very quickly...

As for the original question, you mentioned no summon... as far as I know there has not been a working no summon crack for a while.

So yeah Plane of Fire, Earth would be best, shakerpaging is not against SOE rules (although they really do consider the riposte counting as regular hit broken) so attract all the attention you want. :)

Gotta agree here as far as just raw xp/aa's go. PoFire is one of your best bets. Also good for faction farming, going after VT Shards (if you're not VT keyed) or tradeskill farming. I'm not sure where you guys are at progression wise, but I'd imagine it would be good for knockin out some LDoNs fairly fast, DoN progression, etc. Tipt runs? Cake with this trick.

...dam, now I wish I had an earthshaker...

playj said:
Shakerpaging works basically like this:

Warrior takes off all haste, then gets slowed by a shaman (this is important), warrior grabs ton of mobs (the more the better), hits a Riposte to all discipline (I think it was Furious).

Because crapload of mobs are trying to hit the war and war is riposting them all you get multiple Shaker procs(of course could be any other proc, but we want AOE procs and shaker is the best) going off. If I remember it correctly, fully slowed warrior had about 50 percent chance to proc off each riposte.

When it works it is just a wonderful sight to behold, when it doesn't (lag, etc.) warrior dies very very quickly...

As for the original question, you mentioned no summon... as far as I know there has not been a working no summon crack for a while.

So yeah Plane of Fire, Earth would be best, shakerpaging is not against SOE rules (although they really do consider the riposte counting as regular hit broken) so attract all the attention you want. :)

You forgot about the warrior hitting rampage. That is the whole key to shakerpaging

you think Ldons could be possible with an ES? I was thinking about that, and If I could make it work, that would be some of the best armor available at our progression (oow), in just a few days of paging Takish Ldons

Yes there are a few others VI but none of them even begin to compare to ES. ES has a really long delay which is one of the reasons it is awesome for shaker paging.

Coral-Hilted Tulwar for the zerker is another one used to shakerpage zones, the delay on that is lower, but the effect is more dammage. I've seen zones done with both, and haven't noticed a difference in the destructive power.

Earthshaker Ideas??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back