• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Dumb move #346 (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
Earlier today, I accidentally deleted a bag that contained some stuff I really wanted (2 GM tradeskill trophies, fully maxed for stats). Petitioned to have them restored, looks like they will. That's the good news.

The bad news: they played back the contents of the bag for me to confirm...I had superstacker loaded and had a stack of 97 potions in one of the slots. *gulp*

And I've tried so hard to stay below the radar LOL. Guess we'll see if they notice.

Hopefully they may miss it or put it down as a bug. I remember seeing myself with 100 items in range slot on EQ players once. Quickly changed THAT.

TeachersPet said:
It's times like these that I feel completely validated.

Yep, I'll take my lumps if they come and learn a lesson the hard way. As we all know, the advantages of MQing are quite seductive/compelling, and it's easy to become too casual and too dependent. Pick your hacks wisely and use them intelligently.

[...I deleted the bag while running hunter.mac, was blowing down low-levels right and left and picked up my bag right as I killed a mob...hunter.mac correctly deleted the item on my cursor since it wasn't in my loot list...no more hunter.mac until I make the appropriate modifications...]

Petition successful, all items returned (including illegal stack of potions), no questions asked. Whew!

Turns out I had my head screwed on backwards. The questionable potion is actually stackable to 100, so all entries were legit....but lesson still (re)learned.

Any GM patrolling this forum now knows that all he has to do is look for a petition about a couple of missing bags, and they will know that the person they find is an MQ2 User.

I'd be careful at this point.

FunWithUs said:
Any GM patrolling this forum now knows that all he has to do is look for a petition about a couple of missing bags, and they will know that the person they find is an MQ2 User.

I'd be careful at this point.
Uhh... I think not. Nothing is a given. While it may be something to look into, it definitely is not a for sure thing. I've accidentally deleted stuff more times than I'd care to admit simply because at times, I sure am ditzy.

Also, I no drop transfered about 20 pieces of time gear from my druid to my cleric back in... Oh god knows when... and then later petitioned it cause I wanted the gear back on my druid. The GM said there were never and logs of it being on my character and that I should not make false accuasations. Basically, does a level 43 Cleric with full time gear not set off a red flag?

Dumb move #346

Users who are viewing this thread

Back