• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Dranik Loyalist Faction (1 Viewer)

UnrealWizard

RedCents
hi all, i was wondering if anyone is willing to share any tips on how to raise dranik loyalist faction, i have slaughtered the ukun/kyv/noc etc in Dranik's scar to get ally faction for 2 toons now, but was wondering if there was maybe a better or faster way to faction. thanks

Back when I was doing this faction I would use this method. Take a low level toon grouped with two other characters and get a Dranik's Hollow expedition. I used a level 47 toon to get the instance. I found if I used a slightly higher level toon the mobs would be light blue and take too long to kill for ae'ing (this is when the level cap was 70 so you could probably adjust up a few levels if needed). If I went much lower there would be no faction mobs as the spawn types are dependant on spawn level. After the low level toon gets the instance you can drop them out and add in whoever, the lowbie only needs to get the expedition. The average group level doesn't matter it is only the level of the person getting the expedition that the spawns are set off of. The Historian gives you one of three expeditions, I would keep dropping until I got the watering hole expedition as it would have the most faction mobs. It had 48 a spawn with a 20 minute respawn. I'm not sure if the others had more at different levels I just know what my level 47 trackbot would get as it was the lowest toon I had. By slaughtering uncontested greens it should go faster than killing out in dranik's scar (although those are greens nowadays anyway). I imagine you could just kill and drop expedition and get another instead of waiting on the respawn but that was close to actual work so I just watched some tv until they repopped. If you look at the old faction charts from the velious armor days of
Ally = 1450 to 2500
Warmly = 1100 to 1450
Kindly = 750 to 1100
Amiable = 150 to 750
Indifferent = 0 to 150
Apprehensive = 0 to -150
Dubious = -150 to -750
Threateningly = -750 to -1100
Ready to Attack = -1100 to -2500

you'll find it is pretty close to accurate and takes a long time no matter how you do it. One mob seems to be one faction hit regardless of level. So the lower the faster the better for these. Depending on your class set up you could always macro it and afk faction, keep in mind the instances will boot you around the five hour mark so I wouldn't advise setting up and going to bed, unless you have a /camp line added in for zoning. It drops you right out where you clicked in if the timer runs out. Hope that helps some.

isn't there another one of these threads floating around here already?

Oh well...

IMO, just gather up a couple of toons and pull the hell out of Dranik scar... you don't need to bother with expeditions or anything unless you're doing some warping, heavy macroing, or the zone is already populated with folks doing the same thing. You can pull the entire zone of all faction mobs in 2-3 pulls, depending on how many your main tank can handle. When I did it I used a very well geared SK, cleric, and bard... was trying to get the bard (and to a lesser extent the cleric) the necessary faction. With guard/rune procs and the spells of the SK, I was hardly taking any damage (and this with about 40 mobs on me).

It takes a while regardless... I was here doing this for a few hours a day for about 4-5 days before I finally got max ally.

i increased from threatingly to warmly after spending about 5 hours in DS slaughtering faction mobs and ive handing in a few of kyv hearts, feran skulls and the other faction items.
thanks tomb :). i will try the a low lvl watering hole expedition for faction. i remember back when i was exping my char in firepit using monk assist, i would warp to the npc and hit it for a faction/xp hit, which was pretty entertaining but way to risky for me now.
still really intrested in a semi afk macro for a ranger to auto kill for me!

Dranik Loyalist Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back