• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Dps? (1 Viewer)

Siddin

Rikk-tikk-tikki-tikki-tchk!
RedCents
494¢
Ok, just curious, from a melee dps perspective, which class (out of all melee classes) can hold out constant higher dps ie. no discs required and only groupable gear, no raids.

siddin said:
Ok, just curious, from a melee dps perspective, which class (out of all melee classes) can hold out constant higher dps ie. no discs required and only groupable gear, no raids.

rogue, by a margin.

I have two rogs, 4 rangers and 2 berserkers. my 2.0 zerker with group buffs will maintain 750 to 800 dps all day long in RSS. Rogue is almost identical. Rangers struggle to break 300 dps with bows, and 450 to 500 dps max with 2.0 and comp 1 handers. Bonus to berserker is his dps doesnt matter one bit from front to back, but if rog is off the back of mob his suffers as much as 40% loss.

Rogue can beat berserker by just a bit mob to mob in ideal conditions, burst damage (2 min and under burn) it is all berserker. Easy to go over 2000 dps. Rogue owns in the 3 min to 5 min burn because they maintian lower but longer burns.

My newbie zerker is lvl 70 200 aa, with 1.0 can hold 250 dps all day long ( I have been just too lazy to get better weapon yet for her with 15 account to gear total lol). She has complete bazaar gear and 1.0. My bazaar geared rangers do shit damage, 100 dps sustained at lvl 70 (100 aa's all in bow dps) truesshot puts em up to 250 dps for a min or two an hour. They use 41% haste from NToV drops, bazaar gear and druzzil bows.

All in all as a huge lover of melee toons over casters and with 15 accounts full of lvl 70 toons, I absolutley own shit with my anguish berserker that takes my other toons up to 5 or 6 characters to take out. A great test is to straight up solo a mpg mob, berserker does it easy, my 15k warrior cant get it to 50% solo. Berserker also soloes poj execution trial with ease. They tank like a knight and hit like a rogue. Best class melee dps wise imo.

My Ranger maintains 550+ dps, with 2.0. If using CHampion, Panther, and all disc can get near 1k. but generally I average 550+ dps. and my off hand isn't all that impressive (29dmg/20dly)

He's talking only groupable gear. With all appropriate aa etc ... I'd say it'd be rogue/zerker neck and neck followed by ranger (nukes) and lastly monk. Berzerkers will tie rogues as there aren't a whole lot of good rogue groupable pokers while there are many decent groupable zerker 2handers. Ranger > monk for the same reasons ... their weaponry will be roughly equivalent but the ranger retains nuking power to pull ahead.

At the high end it's rogue/berzerker still roughly tied followed by monk and trailing sorely with rangers. Your highend warrior should be pulling about 450ish dps group buffed while tanking ... 500+ from behind.

*Edit --> you need to practice with this 15k warrior more ... I can solo a single mob in MPG or RSS fairly easily.

I'd personally go with rogue...must easier to gear, imo, than a zerker. You can bust out MPG fear trial for a despair for offhand, and go 1.0 in mainhand, or even get that piercer from Bellfast 5 (I think it's 5, same one that drops the stunstick for casters).

Havn't calculated it yet but my 70 bard dual weilds these. With 325 aa, WA5, max spell casting fury, and 400 Dex he does some pretty good dps just from all the procs. Only problem is if the tank dies I usually immediately get aggro. A monk or a warrior with a couple of these could probably do some serious damage.

Each has a total of 625 points of proc (more with max spell casting fury). And can be vendor purchased with radiant and ebon crystals. Considering that crystals these days are less than 30pp each, it's not a bad bargain.

gold dragon mace - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=36280
deep core fire geode - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=35625
Dusky Iolite Stone - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=49077

Ogre Femur Club - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=35836
firecore geode - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=36238
Dusky Iolite Shard - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=49076

I couldn't have said it better than dobey.

Berserkers and Rogues can DPS almost equally. Berserker has some nasty benefits though, such as not limited to attacking from behind the mob for their DPS. One of the reasons (I've been told) that Berserkers are good at shorter fights, and not that good for longer fights, is that they use up their endurance really fast. All their aggro-reducing abilities (disciplines) use endurance..

I'd chose a rogue over a berserker though, for simple reason that they've got Sneak/Hide/SoS. Attacking from behind isn't really that much of a problem when using /stick behind.

As for gear. The only things that really needs to be considered is the weapons. They're both chain classes. I haven't checked out the various weapons very well, but Sleek Dagger of Slaying is pretty easy to get. It only takes a group of 3 and then get the Infiltrating the Hive Mission (see my post in Strats & Cheats with that same title). Then there's the dagger from T'Shara. Then there's Khalshazar from Cursed (seems that Cursed cycle is perma camped on my server), and Tendonslicer, ofcourse there
s Epic 1 Ragebringer and Epic 1.5 Fatestealer, should also be one-groupable for the most part (with a few good geared friends).

my 2.0 zerker with demi gear blows away our rogues and even monks when we do long term fights. I am always in the top 3 dps and we have 3 badass zerkers all decked out. Yeah zerker isnt as easy as a rogue, but if you want true dps, zerkers are the class to play. and yes our rogues are decked out in fulld emi 2.0's etc

Right, but we're not talking about high endgame, mid endgame, or even like PoTime / GoD raiding gear, here. We're talking DoD / OOW / PoR / DoN geared from stuff that a group can do...and at that level, a rogue will win out.

Speaking from personal experience, with groupable gear the rogue is the best choice

I easily out DPS'd comparably geared zerkers/rangers/monks with the DoN dagger (with dmg aug) as my prim.

parses against guildies turned up numbers to the effect of:

Rogue: 300-400 dps
Berserker: 250-300 dps
Ranger: most i saw was 275 at range, negligable melee dps

Rogue doesnt have any aggro issues though a berserk I have to watch out on. I have one of the top geared wars on server and the zerkers are all still close in aggro. My rog is always third or so if my war dies. Usualy goes War dies zerk zerk dies rog or shaman then bard or cleric.

Dps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back