• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do ultra rare items drop in instances (ToL)? (1 Viewer)

Anyone know if ultra rares drop in ToL mission instances, or are they only in open world?
Open world only, check the cesspool, i mean offical DBG forums, Ngreth made a post about them right before or after ToL launched.
Are we sure? Because I have gotten OTHER Expansions' rares in the missions. Granted for TOL, I have not gotten one that I can remember in the mission, but others yes for sure!

yes, they do not drop in ToL instances - can probably thank instance flipping in tov for that change =p
...which really doesn't make any sense at all. It seems a lot easier to just farm open zones for chase loots. If their concern was AFK play, they could just scan logs and see that "oh, this person has created/flipped/cleared this instance 20 times in one day, seems suspicious". If anything, as a dev myself, I would greatly *prefer* people farming instances, because it should be technically easier to manage/monitor the lag/load/packets etc, because you are in a pseudo-isolated environment.

If I had to guess, I think the line of reasoning was simply "If AFK players want chase loots, they will have to risk being seen by other players who may report them". Or most likely "Players creating instances cause extra burden on our servers - do not reward this behavior."

...which really doesn't make any sense at all. It seems a lot easier to just farm open zones for chase loots. If their concern was AFK play, they could just scan logs and see that "oh, this person has created/flipped/cleared this instance 20 times in one day, seems suspicious". If anything, as a dev myself, I would greatly *prefer* people farming instances, because it should be technically easier to manage/monitor the lag/load/packets etc, because you are in a pseudo-isolated environment.

If I had to guess, I think the line of reasoning was simply "If AFK players want chase loots, they will have to risk being seen by other players who may report them". Or most likely "Players creating instances cause extra burden on our servers - do not reward this behavior."
yeah they switch stuff up, for earlier stuff it was something like "1:5000 for non-instanced; 1:50,000 for instanced" or something like that

Question - Do ultra rare items drop in instances (ToL)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back