• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - DN Jaled Dar's trapped shade hunting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
23¢
Hi all

Anyone trying to clear all adds around the name with only one group? I am using SK/BRD/SHM/WIZ001/WIZ002/MAG, all of them level 115 and sk/brd/shm/wiz001 full T3 armor and full aa..... the rest 2 wiz002 mag full t3 armor and 27000aa now. The dps is still not enough to clear them in time.... any suggestion or some idea to change the characters?

Did it with 1 melee group, all max aas. But yeah, it was kinda hard, almost no downtime. With 2 group should be easy enough.
Maybe split your group in 2 and use mercs too. Dunno if that will work, but it's worth a try.

I was able to hold it clean with 1 group (sk/shm/bard/bst/zerk x2, all max AA's and pretty well geared).. but its tough as Many and Mr. P said.. if you have a second group or a friend with a group way easier.

Also, set up tight on the back (west wall) or at the door, the little pile of treasure he spawns on top of plays hell with LOS and will hinder your dps.

the shade was designed as a 2 group named. it can be done with 1, but even a strong group is going to be pushing it to keep it clear. i was able to keep the room clear. but not get the add dead before respawns. there were many rezes. it should get a lot easier with the 120 increase.

seen people treat it like AE swarming. not something i was ever good at.

This is the last named I need for CoV hunter achivements and do not have the DPS to clear the room before repops. Soo if anyone on Test server wants to give it a go let me know and would love to help out :)

You need to be able to pull fast and knock out at least 2 million dps, consistently, for as long as it takes for him to spawn. That could be 30 minutes or more

It's a tall order for most single groups (likely impossible for a caster group)

I did this back in January with a partially ToV raid-geared group of 5. I might have had a healer or melee DPS merc as well to fill the group, I don't recall. Paladin (manual) / Rogue (CWTN) / Bard (KA) / Cleric (CWTN) / Enchanter (CWTN or KA, don't recall) + maybe merc?

Basically I cleared the rats outside Jael`Dar's room, all 6-ish of them? Cleared into the right corner (south east?) of the room, and used that as my camp spot. Then pulled the rats a few at a time, kept clearing until JD made an appearance. As AB said, you're going to need consistent 1.5-2m DPS for your duration there. Between the Paladin swinging a 2h'er and the rogue stabbity-everything, I was able to keep up. Enchanter on the CC, bard with DPS/aDPS, cleric with the boucou healing backed by paladin heals (it turns out this is a lot of overhealing as the Paladin is his own top healer). I don't think it took me more than 40 minutes.

I was considering doing this with my setup. Sk/bard/cleric/sham/ranger/Bst, Not sure about the sustained DPS required. Ill have to give it a go and see what happens!

Group gear or raid gear?

If your "Sham" was a "zerk" I'd say you got a shot... but with most of your dps coming from ranger/bst, I think you'd be hard pressed.

Then again, what the hell do I know... I got credit by just being in a named hunter raid with my team while a few groups camped it.

Group gear or raid gear?

If your "Sham" was a "zerk" I'd say you got a shot... but with most of your dps coming from ranger/bst, I think you'd be hard pressed.

Then again, what the hell do I know... I got credit by just being in a named hunter raid with my team while a few groups camped it.

They all have a mix of raid and group from ToV. Havent touch CoV enough for it to matter yet. I usualy lag 1 EXP behind because of RL.

Group AVG from GamParse is around 600-700k sustained in group content on lvl 113-115 mobs. Mobs usually last about 25 sec.s on avg. They never run out of mana because of the classes I chose. Still tweaking them so the DPS could get a bump if I tried to really focus in. All using KA FYI :)

Group AVG from GamParse is around 600-700k sustained in group content on lvl 113-115 mobs. Mobs usually last about 25 sec.s on avg. They never run out of mana because of the classes I chose. Still tweaking them so the DPS could get a bump if I tried to really focus in. All using KA FYI :)

1. EQ Log Parser > Gamparse
  2. ToV mobs are like 10mil HP, CoV is like 25mil HP. If you're only dropping 700k group DPS then you're going to have a rough-go of it in Claws of Veeshan. There's a lot of fun conditions you can use in your KA.ini profiles, such as triggering something (bard epic) when something else (shaman epic) is on... or like, not running quicktime when RF is running, that sort of thing.

1. EQ Log Parser > Gamparse
  2. ToV mobs are like 10mil HP, CoV is like 25mil HP. If you're only dropping 700k group DPS then you're going to have a rough-go of it in Claws of Veeshan. There's a lot of fun conditions you can use in your KA.ini profiles, such as triggering something (bard epic) when something else (shaman epic) is on... or like, not running quicktime when RF is running, that sort of thing.

I do have a few of those but i bet i am missing a bunch to max out dps. I might have to PM you and pick your brain a bit later on if you are free!! Not going to lie, i am waiting for new EXP to drop so i can start my farming of eveything. Kinda excited to see CoV and whatever the new exp is coming this winter.

ya I definitely farmed this room a lot. It was great to evolve my alts tradeskill earrings. I am raid geared but war, zerk, monk, bard, shm, cleric kept it clear. CWTN plugins and pretty much autopilot got it done. I agree with 1.5 mil dps sustained bare minimum. I did have to burn some discs on cooldown to keep up especially if named pops.

Question - DN Jaled Dar's trapped shade hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back