• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Designing Fairy Macro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
I've been planning out the makings of a fairy macro, to do the mission over and over with 1 character (the other 2 being afk boxes). I can think of how to do everything, using bits of the hunter mac to reach the roving dark spirit of nektulos, triggering what to say to him, etc. Then I planned on using advpath.inc to make a route to the Remains, and use something similiar to /hide if enemy distance = xyz(some number) and autoattack if Target = Queen Nok Nok's Remains....and looting etc, then Having advpath run from shrine to shrine dotting then hiding if mob distance is far enough....Only problem I cant think of working out, is that random Graverobbers see invis....and I don't want to use warp, since that is the only thing that could ever make this detectable.....Any idea how to get around the see invis GR's? 90% of the time they con indiff during hide...but the other times ...ouch, mac ruined.

NoKoS is a good idea, but you're not totally Nokos, wherever you type /nokos on or whatever...is where your character actually *is*....and theres no real safe spots by the shrines.....And trying to do without warp, especially with warp rumors and such....would like to hear any other advice still

NoKoS is like warp on crack from my understanding... It just warps you to your ghost location and back to your start point like 50 million times a second. I would think if you don't want to use warp, NoKoS would be an even worse idea...

-CodeCaster

No worries about warp.

You'll only warp 5 times in an instance. Provided of course you aren't killed.

I don't think this macro is viable, too many variables that = you getting killed.

How are you going to have the macro know where you were in the loop if you get killed?

Were you on shrine 1 2 3? The remains?

Just do it yourself. It's easy enough, then AFK in FH when your not around.

codecaster said:
NoKoS is like warp on crack from my understanding... It just warps you to your ghost location and back to your start point like 50 million times a second. I would think if you don't want to use warp, NoKoS would be an even worse idea...

-CodeCaster

That is not true Codecaster. Your thinking of Ghost.

A NoKos primer can be found here: http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=6108

Answers all your questions.

you could do a /targetmob radius statement butthe problem is mob avoidance...what do you plan to do if there is a seeinvis mob there? using advpath .. your path is set

warping might be your better option.

let say 5 times.. is how many you warp in mission... mission lock out is what 30 min? so you would be warping 5 times an hour.. thats no biggie (or is my uber calculations off? he he )

Yea warping in an instanced is safer than if you did it in a noninstanced zone. You could make it so it warps to the chest and kills it, but turn off attack and hide if a mob gets too close, then have it loot the dust. After that just have it set for like each shrine is its own loop and have it kill until a mob gets at a certain distance from you. Then you can have it succor you and wait like 10 secs and warp back to kill until its dead and just do all that to all the shrines until all dead. The only thing I can think of that will screw this up would be death but if you set it so you warp away b4 the mob agros you should be fine. Im sure some of the macro gurus around here could pull it off.

Oh, I'm sure.

There are alot of talented guys here. It won't be a patchwork type of macro that will even come close to doing this successfully.

It's going to need to be engineered from the ground up.

I'm sure SOMEONE could do it.

Is it worth it? Not IMHO.

There are ALWAYS tons of PC's outside the zone. What if your macro goes haywire? Your gonna get banned.

This zone is TOO popular right now.

Jumjum5 said:
Yea warping in an instanced is safer than if you did it in a noninstanced zone. You could make it so it warps to the chest and kills it, but turn off attack and hide if a mob gets too close, then have it loot the dust. After that just have it set for like each shrine is its own loop and have it kill until a mob gets at a certain distance from you. Then you can have it succor you and wait like 10 secs and warp back to kill until its dead and just do all that to all the shrines until all dead. The only thing I can think of that will screw this up would be death but if you set it so you warp away b4 the mob agros you should be fine. Im sure some of the macro gurus around here could pull it off.

This is exactly how I do it, also if you are getting hit just back up the walls and the fairy thingies will have their leash yanked back to their bind spots :)
This usually works for the shrines also... but sometimes it doesn't, so I just wapr succor/warp target hotkey between them and have half the mobs running after me :)

Designing Fairy Macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back