• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Deathknell Event #2: Vertigo (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,303¢
Has anyone successfully 6 boxed this? I am trying to get a invis cloak (Drape of the Unseen) for my cleric. Any advice would be great.

This is the second event within the Deathknell raid expedition. Shortly after completing the Enforcers event, you will see this emote:

Ayonae shouts, 'Tarry not, mortals. As I speak, Mayong's forces replenish themselves by calling on reserves from the Demi-Plane of Blood. You all must descend through the trapdoor and eliminate them before they overtake my tower again. Be on the guard for anything, even your own ineptitude. Newcomers often lose their balance in the dizzying spiral of Vertigo.'

Amidst the din of ringing bells, you hear the unmistakable shriek of bats originating from the southern chamber. Perhaps you should investigate it further.

You can now trigger Vertigo by touching the trap door.

The world is spinning. It's difficult to tell which way is up or down, left or right. You are on the verge of losing your sense of balance completely.

The trapdoor swings open and you clamber down to the landing below.

There are four stages to complete. Each must be completed within five minutes, or the event fails.

Note that throughout the event, the spell Vertigo is cast upon random players (2000 per tick DoT for five ticks - if not cured in time, makes you drunk). Also, players will be randomly switched with one another.

The first stage involves a Truefaith batkeeper on the first level down the ramp. He summons fledgling bats one at a time. You must kill 20 bats.

a Truefaith bat keeper summons forth a blooddrinker bat from the Demi-Plane of Blood.

After killing 20 bats within five minutes, you will see this:

Amidst the din of ringing bells, you hear the muted clicking of a mechanical device originating from the eastern chamber. Perhaps you should investigate it further.

This is the second stage which involves a Truefaith sneak on the second level down the ramp. He spawns traps one at a time which must be disarmed.

a Truefaith sneak kneels, concealing a mechanical device upon the floor.

20 traps must be detected and disarmed. They are no joke. If they go off, they will hit you for 13,000 and root you in place (effect Lacerating Spikes).

While this is going on, your raid must still contend with the bats from the first stage.

After disarming the required amount of traps within five minutes, you will see this:

Amidst the din of ringing bells, you hear shuffling and moans of the undead originating from the northern chamber. Perhaps you should investigate it further.

This is the third stage of Vertigo and takes place on the third level down the ramp. Here, you will battle undead mobs named "a focus of the Collective" and "a member of the Collective". Make sure to mez and /assist properly here. The spells they AE depend on how many are of them are up, so kill them fast. Spells are Thoughts of the Collective III (AE for 2500); Thoughts of the Collective II (AE for 5000); and Thoughts of the Collective I (AE for 10000).

While this stage is going on, your raid must content with the bats from the first stage and traps from the second stage.

After killing a sufficient number of undead within five minutes, you will see this:

Amidst the din of ringing bells, you hear the grunts of deep orcs originating from the western chamber. Perhaps you should investigate it further.

This is the final stage of Vertigo and takes place on the fourth level down the ramp. Here, you will contend with deep orc servants. The orcs don't have to die -- you just have to "exhaust" them. You can do his by kiting them around.

While this stage is going on, your raid must contend with the bats, traps, and undead from previous stages.

good on them if they can .... cause yeah ^%$# on that event ..i tried and the drunken effect from the traps hitting everyone on that floor is uhmm ..Fun ? but if someone is ..please by all means some info would be nice on the approach to it , usually needed at least 2 rogues .. to do that event . i do remembe rthat something about how the traps worked and couldn't all be triggered by just 1 rog.

I think maybe I ran through it all with a bard maxed on AT with his anti-drunk song playing? Or something???

I think maybe I ran through it all with a bard maxed on AT with his anti-drunk song playing? Or something???

Interesting I will have to try it, The traps are the hard part. Killing mobs on the other 3 levels if you can keep someone one each level without getting teleported and snared.

INI:

20 traps must be detected and disarmed. They are no joke. If they go off, they will hit you for 13,000 and root you in place (effect Lacerating Spikes).

Interesting I will have to try it, The traps are the hard part. Killing mobs on the other 3 levels if you can keep someone one each level without getting teleported and snared.

INI:

Why would the traps go off? Can't you see them on the map?

Why would the traps go off? Can't you see them on the map?

If they go off it is not a big deal, sorry I should of explained better. You have to sense and disarm 20 traps in 5 minutes (Wait for cool downs after each sense and disarm). The hard part with a rogue, was the Vertigo, getting ported to different levels while snared and trying to get back to level two where the traps are. I have a bard I can try to use, he just can't get ported while snare or I would fall behind on traps I am thinking. That was the issue with the rogue anyway.

If they go off it is not a big deal, sorry I should of explained better. You have to sense and disarm 20 traps in 5 minutes (Wait for cool downs after each sense and disarm). The hard part with a rogue, was the Vertigo, getting ported to different levels while snared and trying to get back to level two where the traps are. I have a bard I can try to use, he just can't get ported while snare or I would fall behind on traps I am thinking. That was the issue with the rogue anyway.

bard + rogue + whoever means you have a 66% chance that when the port happens that another trap person will be there.

Question - Deathknell Event #2: Vertigo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back