• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Damage Control and Efficiency Theory (1 Viewer)

bah

RedCents
What im going to try and teach you is what I have researched. This took a long time to do and i hope that it will help you as much as my studies have helped me. These tips will allow you to take on stronger and more mobs. Possibly heroic with the right equipment and mind. These strategies are very hard to get used to but I ensure that once you do then you will be ungodly.

Tip #1

Dot Management
When in combat be sure to let your DOT spells (damage over time) do their full effect. For instance, never ever use your dot on a mob that is close to dead in a battle where you have other opponents. Using your dot on another opponent will allow you to have used this abilities full effect. Clocking these kills showed that it did not effect my fight switching targets to dot another opponent.

Tip #2
AE Damage Waste
AE Damage Waste is probably one of the most effective tips in this article. When in a fight with many opponents, its just first instinct to smack that ae button and KILLEM ALL!. Well my friend stop and think a second before you do. Using an AE at the right time could in fact be more effecient. When using your AE spell make sure that ,if you have a target that is almost dead, to switch targets. Then the Ae you have just casted will finish off your old target while you have already started on a new target. Not brain science huh?

Tip #3
Heroic Oppertunities Timer
When pulling an opponent Always use your heroic oppertunity skill right after no matter what. Using this could mean that you could use your oppertunities twice in a short period of time. This could be managed in groups to. Doing this will allow you to almost instantly do a heroic oppertunity, Plus your timer will reset faster than it would have if you would have waited. Doing not much more but a little bit more damage. Unless your a lower lvl of course.

Tip #4
Skill Management
Make sure you manage your skills wisely instead of just throwing them on a hot bar and saying "wooo hit the button!! KILLEM ALL!".Instead try to manage your stun skills and other skills one after the other. For instance if i was battling an opponent I would put the skills I will be using all on one bar then one after the other use them in order from the left to the right. I call it my code. This is the one of the easiest ways to manage your damage. Make it so that you have all of your stun abilities seperated by 1 ability that doesn't,lets say does damage, making for a potential fight where your opponent may barely be able to strike you. Especially if he is one of those pesky casters.

Tip #5
Power Saving Techniques
Be sure and certain that for ,your long battles out there that you are going to encounter, you conserve your power. Using lower lvl skills to complete heroic oppertunities can and will help you conserve your power. The damage may be slightly lower but if you know that the only thing that is going to slow you down , like in many of my battles, is power and that you need to conserve it. There is no reason to waste power on a lvl 40 taunt when you can use a lvl 20 taunt instead. Really wouldnt recomend this in groups where you are the main tank though.

Using All of the tips above have helped me get very very far in my gaming career. Be sure that you train your mind and first instinct to pay more close attention. Because you, Could be hurting you.

Making sure everyone knows my studies, right here at redguides.com Thanks again red.

Signing off,
Bah!

Damage Control and Efficiency Theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back