• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Crashes (Nov 7/8, 2023) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,030¢
Hey all,

All my toons have been crashing today, no error messages, they just shut down. Randomly 1 or 2, then a different couple, happens every couple minutes. Has not been happening prior to this last update.

Any experiencing similar? Any solutions?

Hey all,

All my toons have been crashing today, no error messages, they just shut down. Randomly 1 or 2, then a different couple, happens every couple minutes. Has not been happening prior to this last update.

Any experiencing similar? Any solutions?
are you running overseer?

some folks have been reporting that

New luajit version went into the mq2lua in the recent rg update, this is causing some issues with packagemanager and luas that use that i believe, and some other Lua resources.

New luajit version went into the mq2lua in the recent rg update, this is causing some issues with packagemanager and luas that use that i believe, and some other Lua resources.
Animated GIF

@kaen01 ... too early for all the technical jargon ... translation "We fucked up overseer, sit down and wait for fix"

For some reason my whole setup starting lagging really bad as well. Also having the same issue as you reported where toons just drop off on their own from time to time without any reason. I finally got my stuff setup like I wanted and then this started happening. I am not running overseer plugin at all. I tried to rebuild everything but am still getting so much lag (6 boxes) that I can't even play my toons. I am going to just start from scratch but wanted to report its not just Overseer that is dropping toon windows. Something weird is going on... Again as I said it was working great and finally getting some of the bugs out and now... everything going to S**T! :) This just started over the weekend and very bad yesterday...

For some reason my whole setup starting lagging really bad as well. Also having the same issue as you reported where toons just drop off on their own from time to time without any reason. I finally got my stuff setup like I wanted and then this started happening. I am not running overseer plugin at all. I tried to rebuild everything but am still getting so much lag (6 boxes) that I can't even play my toons. I am going to just start from scratch but wanted to report its not just Overseer that is dropping toon windows. Something weird is going on... Again as I said it was working great and finally getting some of the bugs out and now... everything going to S**T! :) This just started over the weekend and very bad yesterday...
I unloaded mq2lua and that seems to fix all my random shutdowns

there have been a couple of crashes over the past 2 afternoons.

you'll want to ensure that if you get a popup that /lua/XXX.dll is bad, you go and delete that file

if you get a popup that a plugin is out of date

If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

if you are still having some crashes, there are some known issues with overseer, so if you have a .cfg file automatically firing that, you may might to remove that until overseer is updated

Problem - Crashes (Nov 7/8, 2023)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back