• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Couple of questions (1 Viewer)

Laraden

RedCents
26¢
So been using this when I get to play and loving it, but had a couple of questions on how to do something / is it possible. Probably something obvious but haven't been able to find the info.

So firstly, I use a merc as my healer for now (can't afford to buy up TBL on a new account and I figure a maxed out cleric merc would be better than a 105 healer). Works out for what I've been poking at, but every now and then I'll look up and merc is just getting pounded with no toons doing anything about it. I'm guessing it's just out of assist range or something, tank never looks at it, will keep pulling away. Usually if I don't catch it merc eventually ooms, dies, and tank pulls again and we all wipe. I assumed this was due to my camp radius or something in KA ini. I turned the radius up a little bit, but test is down for now so haven't had a chance to test it out.

Secondly, I know there is a way to ignore certain npcs from pulling by throwing the names in that info file. However, is there a way to ignore specific spawns themselves? Or to label a section of the zone "Don't try to pull those"? Every now and then I encounter a room or hill or something that mq2nav doesn't like, and tank will run in to pull and get stuck navigating out, die, and then I have to go through the mess of rezzing to have them do it again 15 min later. To use example I've had recently, I decided to farm some of the steelstones from Combine Dredge. Went up to Vicarum Spiritus Psyche camp in the northwest. Would pull all the mobs in the open np, then decide to go for mobs in little round house with a spiral ramp to get in / out. Would run up the ramp, grab aggro and run into a wall til dead.
In this case, the mobs in the house share a name with the mobs outside, so can't say "Don't pull ALL of these". Is there a / command I'm missing to /don'tattackthatstupid? Or one to say "Hey don't use that section of the map"? Or easier if this sort of thing happens to take control of pulling / find a different camp? I usually just swap camps, but always welcome to info that makes my life easier.

Finally, I had forgotten I intended to ask this question until I got this far - Is there any way to make your other toons continue after the MA/Tank dies? If I've got an add, tank dies, rest of the group just sits there when first target dies. Let's them beat them to death until I tell them to attack it. Since using a cleric merc no in combat rez.

Thanks! Hopefully questions aren't too stupid.

So been using this when I get to play and loving it, but had a couple of questions on how to do something / is it possible. Probably something obvious but haven't been able to find the info.

So firstly, I use a merc as my healer for now (can't afford to buy up TBL on a new account and I figure a maxed out cleric merc would be better than a 105 healer). Works out for what I've been poking at, but every now and then I'll look up and merc is just getting pounded with no toons doing anything about it. I'm guessing it's just out of assist range or something, tank never looks at it, will keep pulling away. Usually if I don't catch it merc eventually ooms, dies, and tank pulls again and we all wipe. I assumed this was due to my camp radius or something in KA ini. I turned the radius up a little bit, but test is down for now so haven't had a chance to test it out.

Secondly, I know there is a way to ignore certain npcs from pulling by throwing the names in that info file. However, is there a way to ignore specific spawns themselves? Or to label a section of the zone "Don't try to pull those"? Every now and then I encounter a room or hill or something that mq2nav doesn't like, and tank will run in to pull and get stuck navigating out, die, and then I have to go through the mess of rezzing to have them do it again 15 min later. To use example I've had recently, I decided to farm some of the steelstones from Combine Dredge. Went up to Vicarum Spiritus Psyche camp in the northwest. Would pull all the mobs in the open np, then decide to go for mobs in little round house with a spiral ramp to get in / out. Would run up the ramp, grab aggro and run into a wall til dead.
In this case, the mobs in the house share a name with the mobs outside, so can't say "Don't pull ALL of these". Is there a / command I'm missing to /don'tattackthatstupid? Or one to say "Hey don't use that section of the map"? Or easier if this sort of thing happens to take control of pulling / find a different camp? I usually just swap camps, but always welcome to info that makes my life easier.

Finally, I had forgotten I intended to ask this question until I got this far - Is there any way to make your other toons continue after the MA/Tank dies? If I've got an add, tank dies, rest of the group just sits there when first target dies. Let's them beat them to death until I tell them to attack it. Since using a cleric merc no in combat rez.

Thanks! Hopefully questions aren't too stupid.
Laraden, Welcome to Redguides!

a 105 healer is probably better than a merc lol - especially if you krono that dude and get some AA - imo Real tank (war/sk), real healer (clr/shm) and CC (bard/ench) are foundations of a good setup - tho depending on your goals many other setups are viable.

if you are using kiss you can ignore stuff with /addignore name >>>HERE<<< is a link to the kiss info guide - you can search ctrl-F in there for ignore and you'll find it. There are also other things in there like Pull Arc for pulling in a specific direction

the 3rd question is a bit weird - if you are using a pet class you could add a condition to turn on pet taunt if your tank is dead, something like that might work for you

If you have any quick questions or just wanna hang out - stop by #general_chat on DISCORD several of us are on there pretty much most of the day and love helping each other.

I had just assumed the increased level of healing spells would counter having more control of it. Maybe I'll throw a sham out there sooner than expected and see what happens. I'll work on that sometime soon probably.
I'm thinking pull arc would actually solve my issue with that camp. looking at my tank's INI it is set to 360. Now that I know about that, I can just turn that down and put that room behind me. So that solves that easily. Thanks!
Yeah, third was just something that happens very rarely but annoying when it does. I'm thinking what I'd need is an offtank sort of setting, as I don't have a pet. (e.g. SK dies, assist monk instead or something), but I'm pretty sure I've read there's no offtank settings. Oh well, not usually a big deal, just merc AI being stupid mostly.

Appreciate the help! I'm so used to forum posts taking a few days to get a reply, this community is amazing.

Tank not responding to healer merc aggro - I'm not really sure as I don't use mercs. Try GroupWatchOn=1 or =2 in your General section for the tank/puller. That should at least stop pulling more mobs.

Ignore mobs or sections of map - If you can add the names to MobsToIgnore in the KissAssist_info.ini, that works the best. Sometimes you can also use the PullLevel setting to ignore low|high levels if outside the mobs you want.

You can also set your puller to only pull from certain directions. Not ignore a box or area, but if you add PullArcWidth=180 then your puller will only pull mobs in front of them, based on their facing direction when KA starts. You can edit the arc angle to whatever you need. Setting it back to 0 will pull 360 degrees again.

Offtank to clean camp if tank dies - No setting for assist's to switch to tanks. If you have a pet class, you can just run them as Role=PetTank though. Then they will clean up camp. But keep in mind they'll also be picking random targets all the time, so you may have two mobs awake if you're mezzing. You could actually run any other hardy toon in Tank mode, with similar results.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I got most of those issues sorted out. Instead of clogging forums with another thread, I'll just bump this with new questions.

Alright so first, is there any way to make KA drop an empowered campfire instead now that there's just the one? Figure free buffs are free buffs.

Second, what am I doing wrong on mq2portalsetter? When I first installed it worked for about a day or two, and then never worked again. I've reinstalled MQ2, I've unloaded and reloaded the plugin, I've loaded it, reloaded my UI, relogged.. nothing ever makes it work. Am I missing something obvious?

And lastly, what makes MQ2autologin break? I'll crash sometimes and it pops up with something like main:Test:Charname or something in the account name. Does that a few rounds and then lets me in sometimes, and others doesn't work until I restart computer. Absolutely no idea what's happening there. Like this morning I clicked it, got the wrong stuff, closed teh windows, reclicked it and it worked fine. Seems to be random.

Thanks again for all the help!

Question - Couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back