• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Couldn't parse "/echo (1 Viewer)

Warl0ck45

RedCents
8,454¢
Since the last patch or so (work....) I have been getting spam messages from any macro trying to use an /echo. When I manually type in /echo, I get the EQ message ""That is not a valid command". If I manually type in "/docommand /echo hi" I get the parse issue. But if I type in an alias, say the standard /mana or /hp, I get the echos.

huh??

As you can imagine, firing up KA is a good test for epilepsy right now, or any other macro that uses a lot of echo reports.

I have removed and redownloaded MQ2, have rebooted, have tried the default ini. Kinda at a loss here... is anyone else seeing this issue, or do I have a gremlin?

It is an alias issue. Previous reports I've helped solve was from use of older version of EOK Nuke where a param was supposed to be passed but wasnt, resulting in a blank alias creation to echo something, but since the parameter was blank ends up making an alias for echo instead. @jamie75 's response should fix the issue.

Tech - Couldn't parse "/echo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back