• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Conditions for Checking Buff and Item on Cursor (1 Viewer)

RedCents
113¢
Hey Guys,

I have read the TLO's, Condition Guides, Data Types and feeling a bit silly as this still is not making a lot of sense to me. I want to make a condition that check for a specific Buff and if I have it and my HP is over 70% I want to do a particular combat skill. I have tried to no avail, could someone give me some pointers please. Also is there a way to look for a buff using spell ID or can it be name only? I noticed in the Data type it says Spell Name or slot number so I am guessing no.

/if (!${Me.Buff[buff name]}) && ${Me.PctHPs}>70 /cast *insert spell name*

The next one which I have no idea how to do is looking for an item on my cursor and if it is there cast a spell, in one condition would it be possible to look for item on my cursor add it to inventory and then cast a spell? Something like,

so /if (item on cursor exists) (add to inventory) then (cast spell)

Thanks guys.

/if (${Me.Buff[buff name].ID} && ${Me.PctHPs}>70) /cast nameofspell

For the cursor condition you want to do, it depends what you're trying to create. A macro or a one-line hotkey? Multiple commands only work in macros, unless you use /multiline

You may be interested in LEM or MQ2React which make this easier.

Sounds like a case of "I have a thing on my cursor and can't cast because of it" or "I've summoned a thing and now I need to put it away but I need to know that I have something on my cursor to know I should /autoinv
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv

Sounds like a case of "I have a thing on my cursor and can't cast because of it" or "I've summoned a thing and now I need to put it away but I need to know that I have something on my cursor to know I should /autoinv
/if (${Cursor.ID}) /autoinv

For the cursor condition you want to do, it depends what you're trying to create. A macro or a one-line hotkey? Multiple commands only work in macros, unless you use /multiline

You may be interested in LEM or MQ2React which make this easier.
This looks to be a tlo for checking cursor

Thanks guys it looks like I just have to check to make sure the item is in my bags not on my cursor now. As it is also a consumable for the spell!

So I cant seem to get,

the spell sits under the "songs" window, I tried using

/if (${Me.Song[buff name].ID} && ${Me.PctHPs}>70) /cast nameofspell

I am wondering if it would be classed as a debuff on me? Spell info attached. This is a custom server hence the name might be diff to the Eq Classic version.

Attachments

• spell9801.JPG
    spell9801.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
Open up the macro expression evaluator. To do so,
/mqconsole show
then go to tools -> macro expression evaluator

Try seeing if the buff returns its own name. If it's not detecting it, you'll see "NULL" and you may want to adjust the name.

From the screenshot it seems ${Me.Buff[5 Rage]} should work

1693929368622.png

Last edited:
With Holyshits, do I need to specify what the outcome needs to be? In this example, I want to cast a spell if I have a particular item in my inventory. If the command returns a 0 does it just assume not to cast or do i need to specify with /if *Insert condition*=1 /cast *spell*

holyshit0=/if (${Me.Inventory[31].Name.Find["Cataclysm Ember"]}) /cast Cataclysm: Black Hole

for conditions any non zero value is considered true.
So it's "implied" or implicit that the result is false when it's 0.
So it's not needed. However if you want to be specific and specify you can. Either method works. That would be explicit.

/if (${Me.Inventory[31].Name.Find["Cataclysm Ember"]}) /cast Cataclysm: Black Hole
/if (${Me.Inventory[31].Name.Find["Cataclysm Ember"]} != 0) /cast Cataclysm: Black Hole
These are the same functionally. Top is implicity, bottom is explicit.

Typically I reserve being explicit for when I need to be. Such as when the value needs to be greater than 0 to ensure the value is positive. Such as perhaps checking to see if a character can afford something.

It's worth mentioning that when checking to see if something is equal to something else you would use == instead of =. Also != Is not equal

Last edited:
for conditions any non zero value is considered true.
So it's "implied" or implicit that the result is false when it's 0.
So it's not needed. However if you want to be specific and specify you can. Either method works. That would be explicit.

/if (${Me.Inventory[31].Name.Find["Cataclysm Ember"]}) /cast Cataclysm: Black Hole
/if (${Me.Inventory[31].Name.Find["Cataclysm Ember"]} != 0) /cast Cataclysm: Black Hole
These are the same functionally. Top is implicity, bottom is explicit.

Typically I reserve being explicit for when I need to be. Such as when the value needs to be greater than 0 to ensure the value is positive. Such as perhaps checking to see if a character can afford something.

It's worth mentioning that when checking to see if something is equal to something else you would use == instead of =. Also != Is not equal
Thanks heaps for this! I ended up figuring out that it worked but this explanation makes a lot more sense for future things I attempt!

Question - Conditions for Checking Buff and Item on Cursor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back