• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiling with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta (1 Viewer)

D1MADMAN

RedCents
Can u compile MQ2 with this one? If not, can someone tell me where to get a copy of VC.NET, which I see is the recomended one for compiling.

im not sure on the file attachment size maximum, but if its not too big i can upload VC 2003 for you. It can be found on microsoft.com but they moved everything around so it is much harder to find.

best place to ask this or to check this out is at the MQ forums and try reading the WIki might have the answer you are looking for (the WIKI is the help file at MQ Site)

But if you have a highspeed connection you can also do a compile for yourself online. there is a thread in the Strat section on how to do this

I was at the Wiki site all afternoon, eveing and today... I still can't get a working compiler. I followed thier instructions. I think I am not doing something right with copying nmake.exe and setting up the envirorments because when I run my edited bat file, (vcvars32.bat) and then type set COMPILER=7 I DON'T get the error message that they said not to worry about... lol... I am lost...

Last edited:
That is what I am trying to do. (Get the free VS to work.)

Yes I have read darkeros thread, his, "follow the directions here to download those files" link is no longer there. I am assuming it's, "Compiling for free with non-expiring MS tools"or "Free and Legal compiling environment". I tried both, seperately and in conjunction with one another. I know there is more to it because they say, "WHY dont you explain in here exactly how to compile? Because this article is to help you set up an environment to compile
Not to hold your hand and do everything for you. Search is your friend
".
So I did... I found out how to get the PSDK-FULL.bat files to work. Then batched em and sent them to their own dir's (C:\Compile\SDK and C:\Compile\sdkxpsp2). Once that was done I went to their setup.exe files and intalled them.
I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong?

I used to use "Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta" to compile the MQ2 baseline, and it worked like a charm. But then I purchased the VS .NET 2003 and that works too.

Compiling with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back