• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

~~~Compile Questions~~ (1 Viewer)

Zole

RedCents
I have downloaded Jigsx18.0 and MQ2-20080228. I have successful compiled MQ2 and Jigs was already compiled.

Noob_001_cannon_fodder_corpse Questions:

1. How do I include MQ2-20080228 with Jigs or am I suppose to use them seperately?

2. With MQ2-..... the .dll's that are created are they what I suppose to add to the Jigs Directory and recompile?

3. Coke or Pepsi?

That is all...

ok, kinda confused, but if you wanted to use jigs' compile with the mq2 compile you'd have to extract the mq2 source over jigs' source. Re-edit mq2 main and mq2auth.exe so that you have all of the speedbumbs and the string tlo is back in (since so many people want it).
At that point you'd be able to just use the compiled .dll files in the release directory. (After you recompile the solution of course)

you can really only use one or the other unless you merge the sources and then re-compile them. As for the mq2 release. Its in the release folder where you unzipped their source to. ie. C:\mq2compile\release where mq2compile is the folder you unzipped the mq2 source to.

No, thats where everything compiles into, that way its all in one directory rather than copying and pasting from every directory into one spot.
Besides Jigs will probably update his source soon with mq2's.

Thanks much... Although I am a bit confused I will work on it until I get it. I rode a slow bus with helmet accessories but dont feel bad about me I can dunk... Thanks!

Playing with both compiles I see my question is a weird one. The question I should be asking is to be pointed to the directions to add a macro to either. Like if I download a macro to PL or a Bot macro. I assume I could load it in either Jigs or MQ2. I know there is instructions already posted so maybe that shouldv'e been my question :)

I'm not really sure what you mean either but here's some answers. You can't run MQ2 more than once at a time. Macroquest2.com makes a new version of MQ every patch, Jigs compile is simply this basic MQ with some new plugins that they don't have at macroquest2. All the basic MQ plugins (MQ2Main, MQ2Map, some others) are in Jigs compile with the same source code, as far as I know, as the one you're using.

So basically to sum it up, the MQ team updates MQ every patch and Jigs just updates the new plugins to work with that patch. So if you want to compile MQ basic then you have basic plugins, nothing fun really unless you copy the plugins from Jigs compile into the basic compile.

-UnKnoWn

Ok I see that, now thanks for pointing that out.

I guess my problem is I need to find the cool compiles and try to add them to Jigs. Thanks I am adventerous enough to screw everything up :)

~~~Compile Questions~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back