• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Code Of Conduct (1 Viewer)

Mikiky

RedCents
71¢
Coming to Redguides seems to be less of a pleasure now because a number of individuals seem to have taken it upon themselves to appear to have decided to make the move from the MQ2 boards to become "flamers" here.

REQUEST: That persons refrain from any non-helpful answers, and that a code of conduct be adhered to when on these boards. Most of us, after all, pay good money to be here and ask questions about something(including myself) we have no expertise in.

IF I wanted to be flamed, I'd just go to the free MQ2 forums and post a question there that, without a doubt, it seems 25 people just waiting to howl at you like castrated hyena's for the fact that you are still alive and how dare I even think to pollute their precious boards with my pitiful existance!

I have no computer expertise, I am over 40 years old so I dont have that "computer savvy" that the younger generation was brought up with.

So PLEASE, PLEASE, remember that and think, before you flame, that people like me are here because I am definitely learning things here, and if a question appears stupid to you, it is something that someone like me would probably like answered anyways :)

Well, that is my proposal for a "Code of Conduct" and I know the moderators take a very dim view of these things also.

BTW, I love 99% of the stuff here!!

IF I wanted to be flamed, I'd just go to the free MQ2 forums and post a question there that, without a doubt, it seems 25 people just waiting to howl at you like castrated hyena's for the fact that you are still alive and how dare I even think to pollute their precious boards with my pitiful existance!

ROTFLMAO :D well said that woman!

Yay!
icon_smile.gif

(Yay! again for my 250th post)

I Agree, respect is something that needs to be given to all the folks on these boards,
If this turns into MQ2Flame.com then I'll go elsewhere.

"People are what make a place great.
Treat them well and be rewarded with their friendship."

PS.
Smart ass answers on a post card pls...
;=)

I really hate senseless rudeness, especially when it's directed at me. At the same time, I really enjoy a good debate or argument. I don't agree that people should refrain from 'non-helpful' answers (as 'non-helpful' is based totally on an individuals opinion, and additionally, leads to censorship). It's always been like this on the internet. If someone offends you, you pretty much have to suck it up and go on with life.

Some people pay for access to these forums and treat it as a pay service. Others pay for access to these forums and treat it as a contribution to the wheels that turn the machine that fuels the community.

Plenty of people know more than me, and I know more than plenty of people. I share what I know and learn from what I read. Everyone should do the same.

Just a bit of babble and my 2 cp.

there is nothing wrong with a discussion...

difference of opinion insipre thoughtfulness and change

sometimes reading someones idea gives you an idea yourself

the big problem is when you take offense to someone elses thoughts or ideas or suggestions.. and flame them ...

or when people flame others just because they hold themselves on a high pedistle

smart ass comments... hell we all do them .. and most add a emoticon to show the humor behind it..

does anyone really have problems with that.. no.. usually a little banter goes back and forth .. and its semi comical ...

yes we all pay for the forums

some contribute more than others

some are learing how to contribute

we may not be exactly thought of as a redguides family ... but we should atleast think of ourselves as a redguide team .. working together to help one another

SHOW THE LOVE!!!!

woops putting JD and coke down now

8-)

Code Of Conduct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back