• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Close-calls, "DOH!"s and other Hilarity (1 Viewer)

TheM4st3r

RedCents
Quite often now there are new better and bolder Plugins, Macros, and AFK locations being added to the RedGuides' arsenal. The "Gods of the Game" post these for our benefit, and the usual given advice is "use at own risk", "dont get caught", and "dont be an idiot". Well, no matter how hard you try, sometimes, this just dont work this way, we all know it. I know at least some of you have some stories, be it GM conversations during AFK plat farming/AA xp, /warp succor into a raid force, or coming back from afk to see people watching your bard AFK kiting. Lets face it, although it sucks for you at the time, its pretty funny when you look back on it, so lets hear em guys. Tell us your most bone-head MQ2 experiences!

(P.S. This will help us new MQ2 users [Yes, I'm one of them] to avoid making the same mistakes)

i warped right inot the middle of a gm event no one batted an eyelid tho. used a speedhack and died at the top of pok libray (the bit u cant get to with out haxors) left the damn hack on as i zoned and didnt think

i used the setspell plug and accidently cast a big dot onmysellf so my client though i had died but the server said otherwise..... that was an odd one

erm got suspended for ghosting, but got my accounts back.

erm few mroe to that i cant think of

The worst D'oh for me was that damn 1st compile.. left my twist INIs in. Sad part was the very next morning, I was banned (still am actually). BUT! it was for shared bank.. yes I tested it, dumb move.. 2 shitty augs and poofo.. bannage. Anywho, I sweat for 8 days thinking it was the compile. *shakes head* st00pid move..

I was using MQ2's nice little map features to tell my guild what mobs were up in pop zones, claiming to have a ranger boxed for tracking...next thing I know right after I say MB is up, my guild leader zones into PoI and Im the only one in the zone..DOH! Luckily he didnt catch on, and the raid went fine.

I was using MQ2's nice little map features to tell my guild what mobs were up in pop zones, claiming to have a ranger boxed for tracking...next thing I know right after I say MB is up, my guild leader zones into PoI and Im the only one in the zone..DOH! Luckily he didnt catch on, and the raid went fine.

same thing happened to me once. Was not thinking of what I was doing and we went to a zone looking for a named. Right after we zoned in, someone in group says "man I hope he is up" to which I instantly responded yes he his! Only thing that saved me was playing it off on my tracking which luckily he did not know was not a zone wide track. Druid tracking is not anywhere near as good as Rangers without any of my tracking aa's

Some of my close calls
Lets see I landed on a GM after doing a /gate on my warrior.
I accdenlty left mq2 running while at a wedding that was ran by the gm admin of our server.
A few time i was running circles in freeport from dieing when afking and a sub not firing.
A few times my traking abiltys as a druid were questioned. I was the "spawn checker" for my guild.
Not one of my accounts has a negtive flag on it as a matter of fact i have 2 accounts that are flaged as being helpful. lol :D

Close-calls, "DOH!"s and other Hilarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back