• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Client Crash - C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE (1 Viewer)

Maybe this is part of the ongoing issue with the client that needs patching, but I keep getting this error?

View attachment 59982
absolutely impossible to say, a kernelbase crash could be all sorts of stuff - even unrelated to mq/eq (likely eq), and without a crashID, no one can check out the crash to see if there is any indication where it might be getting triggered at.

This is what was in the crash folder i think.

---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:

Process ID: 28916
Version: 3.1.0.2435
Location: RaiseException+0 (C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll+0000000000065340)

CrashID:

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Copy the contents of this dialog to your clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C

Retry Cancel

This is what came up for ctrl+c

I have a default download location: user/public/daybreak/eq .... there's no eqgames.exe

This is everything i see inside that folder for EQView attachment 59995View attachment 59996View attachment 59997
The last pic looks like the correct directory. Just hitting ok on that should work. That said..a few days back I am unsure what happened, but I looked in File Explorer (Windows11) and my Everquest directory did NOT show at all.. was public/daybreak/installed games/ and there was nothing in there, but EQ would start through launcher shortcut. However MQ shortcut told me error. After playing for a bit to search an answer, I just rebooted and of coure all was well after that. /Shrug. :shrug:

The last pic looks like the correct directory. Just hitting ok on that should work. That said..a few days back I am unsure what happened, but I looked in File Explorer (Windows11) and my Everquest directory did NOT show at all.. was public/daybreak/installed games/ and there was nothing in there, but EQ would start through launcher shortcut. However MQ shortcut told me error. After playing for a bit to search an answer, I just rebooted and of coure all was well after that. /Shrug. :shrug:
You probably moved it. You can right click the shortcut and do open file location to see where it actually is

You probably moved it. You can right click the shortcut and do open file location to see where it actually is
Could be, I did what you mentioned because was odd the folder did not show but that Lauchner and EQ ran. Glitch of some type. But after I rebooted it was there and showed properly as it should. Ty though Brain !

If you're doing a search for eqgames.exe, it's not going to find it. It's because the file you're looking for is eqgame.exe. You'd have better results with being less specific when searching. If you type eqgame it would most likely find the file.

The last two screenshots are where eqgame.exe is typically located. The launcher is wanting you to point it to the directory where eqgame.exe is, not the file itself. Once you've given it the directory, click ok.

Ok, the FOLDER and not the FILE location solved the autologon problem. Now, that KERNELBASE error, what a mess. EQ client had a missing file > missing file somehow made its way into the windows portion of the file > then it triggered my anit-virus > anti virus isolated redguides & eq > then anti virus locked me out of files and I couldn't recover them. Thus, if you have a issue as noted above, the KERNELBASE is solved through your anti virus settings.

I changed the name of this thread so now if someone has the same issue it is searchable. Thank you all for your excellent assistance !!!

Ok, the FOLDER and not the FILE location solved the autologon problem. Now, that KERNELBASE error, what a mess. EQ client had a missing file > missing file somehow made its way into the windows portion of the file > then it triggered my anit-virus > anti virus isolated redguides & eq > then anti virus locked me out of files and I couldn't recover them. Thus, if you have a issue as noted above, the KERNELBASE is solved through your anti virus settings.

I changed the name of this thread so now if someone has the same issue it is searchable. Thank you all for your excellent assistance !!!

Yes, it says in the title to select the directory.

Just so you’re aware, “kernelbase” is the source of just about every crash (that’s the location of the unhandled error event) so going just from that is insufficient. Glad you solved it though

Your issue was actually antivirus locking the log file

Problem - Client Crash - C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back