• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/click (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
I'm toying with a movement macro within PoK and need to click on a transport stone. Doesn't seem like I can target it, I opted for "get in its face" and /click left X Y.

Question:
What is the point of origin for determing X and Y? Also, should I assume the coordinates are resolution-dependent? I plan to use this macro on two different systems with slightly different resolutions. If I can assure the macro that the target screen is dead center in the display, I guess clicking the calculated middle of the screen would do the trick.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

rigged up an event which echos Macroquest.MouseX and Macroquest.MouseY on demand

For those that stayed awake this long: 1,1 is the top left corner current resolution is bottom right

Last edited:
Last question for now: should I be able to issue /click directly or is it only valid within a script?

I did manually (1) issued /doortarget, (2) moved nose-to-nose with the stone, then (3) issued /click left target. Nuttin...scratched my head and came back here for some advice in case I made incorrect assumptions.

Cade said:
Try putting it in first person view. The stone you want to click is targetted right? =p

Yes, /doortarget works as expected. Just tried /stick 5: stone filled 98% of the screen, so it was hard for /click left to miss LOL.

One remaining issue: I often minimize EQ while AFK macroing. Given the experiment noted above, I'll be fine as long as the cursor is somewhere reasonable on the screen (..and not hovering over a hot button...learned THAT the hard way...). I often minimize EQ while AFK macroing, so I need to make that happen while still keeping the cursor in a good spot. That rules out manually clicking minimize on the menu bar since you're out of focus once you click. In a normal Windows application, alt-spacebar, Minimize would do they trick. However, EQ does not currently recognize alt-spacebar that I can tell...ya gotta right click the control box on the menu bar...and yer back to the cursor-positioning issue!

In a normal Windows development environment, you could talk directly to the Window and have it change state. Is that possible within MQ?

Anyway, thanks for taking time to ponder my imponderable :)

Have EQ Open full screen, and Alt+Tab, as long as you have a folder or something in background, Mouse will stay where it is in eq , while minimizing it to the taskbar, and you can work at whatever.....at work :)

FYI... If anyone or anything is standing between you and the door you are trying to activate, pressing "U" will target whatever object is closest to you. I found this out in a very frustrating way when my necro's pet kept walking between me and a stone I was trying to click.

-CodeCaster

Another thing I ran into once. Make sure you are zoomed in to full 1st person view. If you have the camera zoomed out to see your toon, when you press U, you'll just target your toon.

Tone said:
That or get my mq2tswitch or mq2switch that i posted and do /switchopen #

Tools! Creating from scratch is educational (and sometimes fun), but I'm a tool-user at heart. Thanks for the reminder, I'll give this a shot.

/click

Users who are viewing this thread

Back