• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Clerics need the nerf stick. (1 Viewer)

Yay, so a a top-geared cleric can kill a raid boss from 10 expansions old content.
You do realize that other classes already did this before this cleric did?

You'll never have 100% true balance in every way in a game like EverQuest. If you did, you'd have a lot of characters with different names, different classes, different looks, but with the exact same stats and abilities.

I say nerf Warriors. They're closing fast on 2k DPS and they're a tank (read defensive) class. Oh wait, no nerf Necros. They've been soloing shit for like ever. Aaargh no, nerf Shamans. They've also been soloing shit since forever. Wait a second. Nerf everyone, make them all suffer because a single very skilled and high geared cleric who have made it his goal in the game to solo everything he can, and thereby tried various tactics and died countless of times in the process.

Much <3 for the clerics for being able to solo something that drops nothing worthwhile (except for twinks) and that doesn't give any XP worth writing home about.

beasts are blehh, they get slow.pet.nukes.dots.heals.buffs. just a little bit of it all. they are good i guess if they have good gear but i can't stand to play them and i dont care for them in group =PP

That actually is quite an accomplishment...

not nerf-worthy but still...

Velious and Luclin mobs were in the era of "Let's add eleventy billion HP's to these boss encounters to make them more challanging" mentality of the developers.

Because of this it's near impossible to solo these, I doubt you will ever see anyone solo Emp in Ssra and it's 8 or so expansions old...don't judge encounters by the expansion number.

Also...what other class has soloed him? Shamans?

... I doubt you will ever see anyone solo Emp in Ssra and it's 8 or so expansions old...

70 pally pre-TSS got him to 76%. Not far but considering he had emp and all his little bastards beating on him I consider it a miracle he got them that far.

75 shammy cleared ALL of Ssra except Emp he got him to 73 before the adds ate him. This guy doesnt even keep heal spells loaded. His spell bar is nothing but DoT's and nukes. He has every shaman heal clicky in the game (pre TSS if there is any)

With the right Equipment you can solo just about anything. I solo'd the monk epic 2.0 guy Using Ward of Tunare only. Seen a cleric get Maggotmiser to 14% solo. <-- Impressive.

End gear is becoming too... Over inflated. Everytime a new expansion is out, it's just a race to see who can have the most gear with +500 HP/Mana on it. There is no goal to the game, nothing to complete, just gear to be gotten.

When you have over 18k buffed as a cleric and a mob hits for 1/10 of your hp each time it hits max, then yeah I see how you could solo him. When your mana regen is so high that you don't even need to sit for 30 seconds between fights.

The game has no real difficulty to it. When a primary healing class can solo a raid mob that has over 1mil hitpoints(being single wielding, non-melee class), you know it's time for some class balancing act, don't just be like... "Oh here you go Bards, we're going to increase your AC cap, and Beastlords, your slow takes longer to cast. Oh, and you Mr. Warrior, here's a DPS boost to help you keep aggro against the other DPS classes." and then there is... "Rangers? We'll give them more stupid bows and never upgrade thier class, and Druids? They have nothing to do with nature, worthless class they are. Who put them in the game again?"

Basically the game has no real difficulty, it's a game with nothing to win, nothing to lose, and you see that when you're solo'n raid targets from 3-4 years ago.

Basically the game has no real difficulty, it's a game with nothing to win, nothing to lose, and you see that when you're solo'n raid targets from 3-4 years ago
AoW is from a 'little' more than 3-4 years ago, and modern raid content certainly still holds challenge.

this is the first AoW solo of any class, afaik.

kunark dragons were soloed in late luclin by SKs, pop by paladins, and GoD by everyone.

that's really a slowing pace of mudflation rather than a rising one when you think about it. every kunark mob out of VP was soloed in the 4th expansion, it took till what, the 13th? expansion to solo the harder velious mobs.

Slowing pace??? I want you to look and see where mudflation took place, it started right in your little home called Luclin. Velious was even pushing it, but the encounters were difficult. Planes of Power went from 100-125hp/mana armor and exceeded it all with 150-230 end game armor. Then LDoN came out with augments that would let you exceed those limitations. Followed soon after by Gates of Discord with the upper end of 275-310hp/mana on gear. Plus the massive amounts of +hp +mana augments they put out there, reaching a maximum of +120. Not even speaking of the Breakdown in Communication quest reward.

Velious was launched in 2000, so you're right about the fact that it was older, but the fact you say SK's could solo Kunark dragons in Luclin time... That was when the real mudflation began.

Sony took thier gear and blew it out of proportion and added crazy hitpoint stats and mana stats(with flowing thought and other focus effects) when Luclin launched. When Velious launched I believe the highest hitpoint piece of gear was a +50 (maybe a little higher, so rusty). Then Velious launched with +100, then Luclin with +125, then PoP with +220, and then GoD with +310, and Anguish with +340 and so on. I don't even know where DoDH, PoR and TSS are taking it, as I quit a while ago...

I don't know, I could mutter on for hours about how Sony messed up EverQuest, I could go on for hours about how they could balance thier classes, change the gear, add different techniques in, but that's all in EverQuest2.

Look at Kunark gear, look at the classic gear. Imagine going back to that stripped down gear, without all your cool clickies and shit, and actually fight something without a strategy, without thousands of bubbles of mana... It's not the same game, it's been inflated. I have some old screenies I will post later.

Marburyisgod said:
Look at Kunark gear, look at the classic gear. Imagine going back to that stripped down gear, without all your cool clickies and shit, and actually fight something without a strategy, without thousands of bubbles of mana... It's not the same game, it's been inflated. I have some old screenies I will post later.

I actually like the strategy of the newer content. I'm quite glad to be out of the Pin-in-corner-and-beat-down mentality that was basically all the way through PoP. It is true that HP/mana have gotten out of hand, but then to make it difficult and challenging the new events pretty much ignore gear at various parts. The OMM fight doesn't even really need great gear, just need a group of 54 people that will follow a strategy and execute. You can have the top geared people in the game and all will get dominated if they can't figure out a strat.

/shrug, I think of things from a raider's point of view though now, the casual game has really taken a beating in recent expansions.

Clerics need the nerf stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back