• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Clean boxing w. MQ2 + ISB? (1 Viewer)

DadBod

RedCents
1,238¢
Hi all,

I really hope I am within the boundaries of the Forum rules with this.

I tried MQ2 about 7 years ago, and had some fun with it.

I am considering adding it to my box-setup, combined with ISB.

My personal idea for “clean boxing” is that all actions in a fight situation must be initiated by me... but not necesarily not all implementations of those actions.

More specifically, in combat, I would be OK with sending a signal to start melee, and then have MQ2/Kissassist do the actual positioning, repositioning, and autoattack.

Also, in my interpretation, all out of combat buffing, rebuffing, summoning pet gear, rez, etc, I would prefer to leave to kissassist. Also (and especially) login.

Pulling is “all me”. Same for healing, nukes, abilities, etc., all via ISB or directly in the game interface.

no warping, no revealing mobs on the playfield. These I consider to be counter to what makes the game for me.

If upgrades to Tracking exists, I would definitely consider them. The text based feedback of track is quite lame...

I wanted to get your input on such a scenario:

Is ISB and MQ a good match for this?

What is the risk profile for that kind of play, should I use new accounts and use a VPN, or is the percieved risk very low for this kind of use?

Do you have any ideas that would be great quality of life features, that I should not leave on the table?

Ireally liking things I see in videos, for example the expanded item info. I really like QoL-features in general, but I don’t want to make the game too simple. One of the reasons I still play EQ is because of the complexity, compared to newer games.

Short answer: yes, you can do all those things. Isboxer and VV together can do what you want.

You'll spend a fair bit of time configuring things to *not* do things you don't like. There is no risk in such a setup, other than attracting the rando militant, anti boxer on your server. So use your existing accounts. A vpn isn't necessary, although for modern day internet security, it's probably a good idea to have a vpn just as a matter of course.

Last edited:
Discussion - Clean boxing w. MQ2 + ISB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back