• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Chat Box ? (1 Viewer)

The idea of the MQ2 window is not to send commands back to the server.

If you don't want this box available you can get rid of it.

Just go to your macroquest.ini file and remove the mq2chatwnd from under the plugins section.

I know you can delete your chat boxes in the everquest files but patcher will catch it and put it back in. Now you can run the patcher then delete it tho but ive never tried it.

I too have caught myself on accident typeing in the chat box :(

From macroquest.ini
Rich (BB code):
[Key Binds]
MQ2CHAT_Nrm=.
MQ2CSCHAT_Nrm=/

Now while I'm not positive, I think that by hitting " . " or " / " when you don't have a line open on a regular chat bar, you'll get up to the MQ window. But there is not a way to chat by default in the MQ window.

BUT...if I understand why you're asking this...typing commands in the EQ boxes is just as safe as typing in the MQ box. The only thing you have to fear is a mistell that would send your botched command "w/arp" instead of "/warp" etc., into a chat channel where other people are. And the simple answer to your problem is to create a regular chat window that will not send chat to public channels.

First, join a channel. Call it Thezsafety:omg. Second, create a new chat window. Right click on the bar at the bottom, and highlight "Channel". In the submenu that pops up, you should see the "chat channel" option. Mouse over that, and you'll get a list of channels that you are in. Select the channel name, "Thezsafety" or whatever you called it. Then just leave the "Thezsafety" channel. Now try typing something into that chat window. All you will get is "Invalid channel name/number specified", instead of broadcasting whatever command you might have broadcasted.

Chat Box ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back