• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Character Transfer (1 Viewer)

Spears said:
Can anyone else confirm this ?

I just did it with the billing on the account being in my name for about 2 minutes... No problems at all, they have a spot to enter any explanation as to why the account info wouldn't match, but I left it blank.

It took about 3 days to go through so I thought I might have been busted, but then I got an email saying it went through with a customer satisfaction survey attached.

One of the accounts I sold recently wanted a transfer. He paid so I put it in, and the webpage was messed up and it didnt go through. The guy then changed the info on the account to his because the subscription ran out. A week later I put the transfer in again and the account had his info still and it went through anyways.

I requested a split for the second time on the same two accounts afew days ago and it passed. First time they said no and wanted all credit card info and i couldnt get any of the numbers they wanted other then the current. This time they asked for nothing. Maybe they finaly realized they should stop pissing people off who owe 6 accounts, or maybe i just got them on a lazy day. If you get declined just keep trying. =)

YOUR EVERQUEST 1 CHARACTER MOVE GUIDE

I have tried this method many times and it DOES work 99% of the time.

First of all once you have purchased your account go to http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/

Then go to top right hand corner of the page where it says MY ACCOUNT
Click on it!

Then log in to the account you wish to character move.

Click on top right hand of screen where it says ‘Store Purchases’. Then you need to sign in to the same account again.

Once logged in look where it says Your 5 most recent transactions. VIEW ALL

Click on VIEW ALL

You will see a long list if transactions. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to the very first transaction. Click on the link and it will give you the Original owner’s name and address. You will need to write this down, including the zip code.

OK, now with the information you have just recovered call your directory and ask for the phone number of the name and address you have just written down (99% of the time it WILL be listed). So now you have the original owners name, address and phone number.

Before moving on to the next step, go to registration https://www.station.sony.com/secure/en/registration/view.jsp
You will need to sign in again here. Now you must change ALL the registration info to what you have written down ( edit registration) you won’t know the original owner’s e mail so you must change the e mail now to one with yahoo.com or hotmail.com or googlemail.com. You must not use any e mail that ends with .co.uk or anything that might relate to any country.

For the next step

Go to http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/

Click on the Sign in button to log in again and click on the Character Services link and select the option you require.

You will be met with a form. When filling in this form use the same information you used to update your registration section earlier, using the same phone number, name, address and email.

You will need to use YOUR credit card details when you get to the payment details. Once you have done that you will see a big white box saying >>If The Billing Information Above Is Different From What We Have On File For Your EQ Account, Please Explain Here:

Put in the box these words - "my friend is paying" and click continue then submit request. Await your move.

IF YOU LACK CC INFORMATION

If you happen to not have the original credit card information, then pay for the account for one month and then let it set. After your credit card is charged, then attempt the character transfer. If you are denied, try again in 3-4 days and you will soon enough be accepted for the transfer.

yep it seems now they are asking for just any credit card information on the account,

Greetings xxxxxx,

Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that your transfer request was not able to be completed at this time.
For the character(s) to be moved as requested, you will need to verify ownership of the account by providing more information.

You will need to provide the following information:

- The first four and last four digits of any Credit Cards that appear in the history of the account(s) involved
- Card Holders name(s)

Regrettably, our current policy restricts me from being able to move the character for you without the requested information.

they gave me a survey too, and I told them they were great :D I provided name and credit card information that was my own I used on the account and it went through like 2 days later best bet let the account close and re-open with your credit card 35 days later the older information should be gone by then, it seems some accounts hold information like all they way back to 2002 and some it just disappears ? but compared to the past it is waaayy easier to server transfer characters now than before :)

Acigaretteandsex said:
keep trying i did my x-fer having owned the account for about a month.

Recently did a transfer, had control of the account with my cc info for one month before making the transfer. Had no issues at all.

Anthrax

Has anyone had account suspended for use of stolen credit card? I have to provide credit info and CD numbers... its my account but the CD's might not be found for another year do I have to wait that long or do you think they are just wanting me to pay them what the account owes.. Funny thing is they didnt suspend it till I bought a 90day game card :P And I only used the bad card for 1 month. Account has been suspend for 11 months now. Wounder if I can just BS them into taken more money and turn the account back on.

I have also noticed that many and I mean several account sellers are waiting for like 2 months and suddenly you find out that the password has changed when you try to login.... this has happened to me several times even on accounts that I know the owner really does not play anymore and willing reset the password for me... does sony have a evil scripting software program running loose ? this is really strange ? anyone have this problem ?

When purchasing an account, the safest thing is to purchase a titanium pack then whatever expansions the bought account has on it, and have the character transferred over to the new account. It will cost you around 200 dollars plus the price of the purchsed account, so it really just depends on how much you value the character you bought. Keep in mind that if you do this, all of your veteran rewards will be gone because they assume the veterans earned on the new (titanium+) account. Which will be 0.1 years.

As far as transferring an account to another server or account without having origional info. I have tried this a few times and it has always worked though is in no way guaranteed. I apply for the transfer using the info of whoever i bought the account from ( for me I have never gotten an origional owner info ). Of course it will then 90% of the time be denied. They will send you the CS email asking for the 1st and last 4 digits of all CC's used for the history of the account and the names of the cardholders. Then I will reply to that email using the same CC name and numbers from the person I bought it from. But under that I will include my name and CC numbers from the account im transferring to. For some reason the fine people at SOE CS have let it go through every time for me even though I am doing nothing more than giving them the same info I provided before along with info that has never been on the account to begin with. Hope this helps some of you.

Forgot to include: I did this once with the account still being active from the other persons subscription. And the rest of the times having bought accounts that the subscription had expired on then turned them on. I have always submitted my transfer the day I bought them without waiting for any infos to clear or update.

One of the key factors is to be polite to CS. Patience and a bit of sucking up never hurt anyone, and goes a long way to smoothing out any wrinkles.

Sshadow, I saw someone copy a "you've been unbanned" e-mail from SoE CS, Could be here, or could be in the MQ2 forums. I've no clue, and am too lazy to look ATM. Find the e-mail, and copy it, replace the information with yours and send it back looking like a reply there's a possibility they will unban the account. Worst case is nothing changes, and the account is still banned.

I'm guessing dropping in a valid CC would probably work as well.

FYI. I just tried to transfer toons from one account to the other and SOE requested the credit card info from when the accounts were created. I am not sure if they have changed their "lackness" in account transfers.

Character Transfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back