• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Character to Character Communication? Dannet Question? (1 Viewer)

drakinoakleaf

RedCents
101¢
ive been messing with this for a month now and its not doing what i need it to. i cant get the character to connect to each other ive watched all five videos but im missing something. I cant get the characters to come to the leader of the group follow me isnt working and im unsure how to get this to work. currently im running 3 accounts and i still have to do so much on all 3 accounts and i thought this was going to help. where did i miss something or what did i do or didnt do so i can get this to work plz

Solution
ive been messing with this for a month now and its not doing what i need it to. i cant get the character to connect to each other ive watched all five videos but im missing something. I cant get the characters to come to the leader of the group follow me isnt working and im unsure how to get this to work. currently im running 3 accounts and i still have to do so much on all 3 accounts and i thought this was going to help. where did i miss something or what did i do or didnt do so i can get this to work plz
Follow me uses mq2advpath so make sure that is loaded on each character

/Plugin mq2advpath load

Then of course you need to make sure that your Dannet is working > here is a post where i explain how to check <
just make a social key that reads /nav spawn insertyourcharactername

There's some homework to get eqbcs or dannet working but that social key will work to get you by until you finish figuring it out

Ex: /nav spawn drainoakleaf on whatever char you want to run to...hit 1 or whatever your social key is bound to and voila...

Works wonders

Follow me uses mq2advpath so make sure that is loaded on each character

/Plugin mq2advpath load

Then of course you need to make sure that your Dannet is working > here is a post where i explain how to check <

Solution
I'd you use dannet and not eqbc you might need to change the target info buttons to use dannet (unless they changed the default to dannet with the official release of mqnext)

GroupWindow Button locations are configurable in mq2targetinfo.ini (/groupinfo reload to apply)
ComeToMeText=Come To Me
ComeToMeCommand=/bcg //nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/bcg //nav id ${Me.ID}
FollowMeText=Follow Me
FollowMeCommand=/bcg //afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeeToolTip=/bcg //afollow spawn ${Me.ID}

Have you tried EQBC at all? I found it to be very simple and easy to setup and I still use it after all these years.

Im not exactly sure what functionality the Dannet has that EQBC does not <edit> but I suspect at your current user level it wont matter. Just something to think about.

Last edited:
https://github.com/dannuic/MQ2Dan is the git for it with some info.

but there isn't really anything to download (it is included in the build)

there isn't really an install or setup - you just load the plugin.

if for some reason you don't see everyone when you do a /dnet info, then you do want to make sure that when you do a /dnet interface all of your toons are using the same interface.

for the purposes of multiple boxes on the same pc, the loopback interface is fine

1644106152750.png

/dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" with quotes is what i would do

you can use the number as well, but dannuic (who is the namesake, says to use the name when you can)

after you do that on everyone, you want to unload and reload the plugin

/plugin mq2dannet unload

/plugin mq2dannet load

then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one, and then a /dnet info should show all your toons

/dnet info when i do this do i do it on all accounts
That's a lot of do do's in that sentence. Check out what I grabbed from one of Sic's posts....

Have you tried EQBC at all? I found it to be very simple and easy to setup and I still use it after all these years.

Im not exactly sure what functionality the Dannet has that EQBC does not <edit> but I suspect at your current user level it wont matter. Just something to think about.
As a newer or lower knowledge user Dannet is actually likely easier to use for two reasons. You don't have to remember to "//" all your EQBC commands (minor, but imo this isn't intuitive and doesn't stick until you build a habit) and you don't have to remember to start up and connect to your EQBC server each time. They both essentially do the same thing. Just Dannet doesn't require the server and will take commands directly.

As a newer or lower knowledge user Dannet is actually likely easier to use for two reasons. You don't have to remember to "//" all your EQBC commands (minor, but imo this isn't intuitive and doesn't stick until you build a habit) and you don't have to remember to start up and connect to your EQBC server each time. They both essentially do the same thing. Just Dannet doesn't require the server and will take commands directly.
i have and its not working for me and im not sure y. my brother had the program and had things working that werent working for me but i had things that werent working for him

Question - Character to Character Communication? Dannet Question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back