• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Character having issues with commands/Dropping (1 Viewer)

Fueil

RedCents
909¢
There's a couple of issues that has just started happening over the past few patches too me. I was wondering if anyone has some insight on what's going on.

First off: almost always I have one character slot drop while zoning, however the other day I had more than one drop. Is this a EQ issue? I do run Isboxer with MQ, but I've not experienced these issues till the last few patches.

second: I have the same character slot #5 always stop communicating with my team. I can use the quick boxes for follow/nav ect, nor will he listen too any echos. I have disconnected from EQBC/reloaded/unloaded the plugin/reloaded no change. I have ended kiss, and restarted it, no change. The only thing that seems to work is a restart, but its not always the fix. This also has been an issue just over the last few patches, otherwise I have not encountered this before. Any help would be much appreciated all.

Thanks!

There's a couple of issues that has just started happening over the past few patches too me. I was wondering if anyone has some insight on what's going on.

First off: almost always I have one character slot drop while zoning, however the other day I had more than one drop. Is this a EQ issue? I do run Isboxer with MQ, but I've not experienced these issues till the last few patches.

second: I have the same character slot #5 always stop communicating with my team. I can use the quick boxes for follow/nav ect, nor will he listen too any echos. I have disconnected from EQBC/reloaded/unloaded the plugin/reloaded no change. I have ended kiss, and restarted it, no change. The only thing that seems to work is a restart, but its not always the fix. This also has been an issue just over the last few patches, otherwise I have not encountered this before. Any help would be much appreciated all.

Thanks!
For dropping toons / crashes I would check your plugins and ensure you don't have any running that you dont need/want

for the unresponsive group member - I had this same issue myself (with my 6th dude) and was told it was cause of eqbc not being in "high priority mode" so i switched to eqbcs2 and that issue stopped

Thanks Sic, I will do that after my break here. Its been really annoying going back and playing a character manually too move haha! I will post an update after that. To be honest, I never even thought about going through the plugins I do or don't use, so that's a good thing I should be looking into.

So, I didn't have any crashes after using eqbcs2, I will keep seeing how things go. I went through and turned off some plugins also that i'm not using. Once again thanks for the advice Sic!

Thanks!
Unfortunately the issue of dropping a character from the group while zoning (and keeping that character's merc In group) is an EQ issue, I have been seeing this for YEARS, before ever using MQ. I cannot say I can connect it to anything, I thought it was a memory problem on old machine (running 10 toons on 4GB of Ram), but I have also seen it on the new machine with 32GB of Ram. Have seen it happen with 2 member groups and with 6 member groups. It just seems to happen.

Unfortunately the issue of dropping a character from the group while zoning (and keeping that character's merc In group) is an EQ issue, I have been seeing this for YEARS, before ever using MQ. I cannot say I can connect it to anything, I thought it was a memory problem on old machine (running 10 toons on 4GB of Ram), but I have also seen it on the new machine with 32GB of Ram. Have seen it happen with 2 member groups and with 6 member groups. It just seems to happen.

It sucks, but i'm glad to know that its not just me. I've never experienced anything like this till the last two patches, so I guess for me personally, I was lucky. That luck has ran out lol. As long as the commands still work thanks to Sic's recommendation, I can always reload the characters no big deal, just slows me down is all. I know its not been a memory problem for me, as I've got more than enough. One time I tried to see how many characters at once I could comfortably run, and I was up to 7 groups. Granted, the toons were all stick figures except my main, but it ran great no hiccups at all. Even then with zoning I didn't have a character drop. That was just for fun of course, but it was cool to have that many running.

Problem - Character having issues with commands/Dropping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back