• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Char trasnfer to clear soulmarks? (1 Viewer)

SmokinHippy

RedCents
Just a question are soulmarks against the account itself or against the character? I know i am one more offense from being banned, wondering if i char xfered to a new account would it free up those bad soulmarks or do they transfer?

I don't know...when I transferred my Monk to another account (just days before I was caught using GK) the GM said there was no information on my Monk and that he would have to delete the character because he had no way to roll him back (luckily I only lost a level, 100AAs, and all of my gear). The Monk didn't have any GM issues before. But what teh GM said that leads me to believe that the marks are tied to the account and not the character. That's just a guess, but I have always heard that the marks were against the account not the character itself. So in theory, you should be able to move the toon(s) to a new account and be safe. Just remember, any Veteran AAs you have will be gone if the account is new.

yeah thanks that is what im thinking, because a GM can see your soulmarks on any charactor your on that would mean its account based. And Trust me losing some veteran AA's are the least of my worries, only have 4 on the account now, and double exp when ya got 1900aa aint needed anyway.

Anymore info on this topic to fully confirm or deny wouldbe great

From my experience they transfer with the character. I've had several characters transferred and the notes on the previous account always transferred with the specific character.

In the past soulmarks have been charbound and even moving a character between servers got you rid of them.
Meanwhile "soulmarks" are tracked outside of eq itself - so the chances are more than huge they are kept regardless how and where to you transfer your character. Even deleting the character will keep you the soulmark on the account.

Char trasnfer to clear soulmarks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back