• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Changing targets with KA (1 Viewer)

alacalle

RedCents
81¢
I've been using KA for about 6 months and wanted to find out if there is a known issue with
switching targets when multiple mobs are in camp.

I run 6 toons (no mercs) and have been noticing for a while that once the tank picks a target
and others in the group assist and then the tank switched to another target the others in the
group will not switch and remain on the original target till dead.

I recently also added a rogue to the group and he seems to assist much slower then any of the
other toons despite the fact that I have him to assist at 98%. He seems to assist somewhere
between 70% and 80%.

Just wondering if there are any settings I can change in KA to help with these issues.

Thanks.

First make sure everyone has the tank set as MA, including the tank. Set everyone to assistat 99. The tank will target the mob he is going to kill and not switch targets until that target is dead. If the tank is switching after a target arrives in camp. Then he has to be assisting off someone.

I've been using KA for about 6 months and wanted to find out if there is a known issue with
switching targets when multiple mobs are in camp.

I run 6 toons (no mercs) and have been noticing for a while that once the tank picks a target
and others in the group assist and then the tank switched to another target the others in the
group will not switch and remain on the original target till dead.

I recently also added a rogue to the group and he seems to assist much slower then any of the
other toons despite the fact that I have him to assist at 98%. He seems to assist somewhere
between 70% and 80%.

Just wondering if there are any settings I can change in KA to help with these issues.

Thanks.

If the rogue is having issue, it's usually because MQ2Melee is trying to do something funky like assassinate when you don't have it. Check your MQ2Melee for the rogue and turn off that stuff.

I forgot to mention that I run my tank on full manual. The problem occurs if I am on a named and i want to switch to the adds it spawns and kill them before going back to the named, or if I need to balance kill two named, etc.

Since the combat loop is called multiple times and checks if npc has died etc, adding a check if the toons are on the right target doesn't seem like a stretch, I have been thinking about this myself, recently I did some TDS progression and one of the tasks is putting a helmet on the head of an npc and when that's done he deagro, but the group keep attacking him while he walks away and that ends up agroing the whole zone... I have used /bcga //switch to get them off him, but it's kinda cumbersome especially when I know the client has the info needed for the assists to back off and switch to a new target by themself, I will be looking into this (I will refer to this post maskoi ;)

I know the task you're talking about, and yeah it has caused many a wipe/train/stuff that looks sketchy if someone else is around. Haven't played in awhile, but I made a hotkey to press esc, back off and I think I added a pause macro in there too just for good measure. Clumsy as shit, but it worked for the most part.

I am having this same issue trying to do Cactus, i can run kiss on all my toons and get my tank to switch to the adds, is there still now a way running kiss to make a hotkey or something to switch to another target in the advanced target window?

Yes i use EQBC, but i use kiss on my tank so it really wont let me manually switch to another target, by the time i click the add in the advanced targeting window he has already switched back to the named before i can hit the hotkey.

Ahh yeah, I don't know a way to give 100% full tank target control regarding Named in the ini. KA has a "manual" mode that lets you disable various features, but I think the Named auto-targeted can still happen in manual. You can also add "stickbreak=1" to your mq2melee settings in cause that plugin's melee lock-on is causing the issue.

I've been having a similar issue in the End of Empire RoS mission. You need to kill Soulfeasters that are spawning chokidai, but during same phase a Named runs in, KA tank likes to grab the Named and I have to fight to get everybody back on the correct target.

I wound up binding the #3 key on all my KA toons to this MQ2 pause toggle:
INI:
/mqp

So I start the event, then /mqp pause on the tank and play full manual mode mashing my "/bca //switchnow" until we're down to just the named, then /mqp again and let KA finish the event.

A work around I've also tried is to set BurnAllNamed=2 and edit your KA Info file to have that zone's priority targets all under the Named= section.

If somebody has a great way to let KA handle all this, I'd also love a simpler way.

Unless you are trying to completely automate the event (in which case, don't use kiss on your main assist -- that's not what its made for), you should be manually controlling at least one character during the event. It makes sense to control the MA with manual mode, and turn on all the sections you want (dps, aggo, whatever) so that you can actually run the event and react to it.

If you are not driving the tank, then you should be setting your tank to assist whichever character you are driving and then have everyone else assist the tank. Then you can hit your switch macro a couple of times on the character you are driving for the targets to come up how you want.

Reacting to arbitrary events is very far out of KA's scope.

Question - Changing targets with KA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back