• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

chances of bans/suspen. after 4/20 (1 Viewer)

stdage

RedCents
91¢
Whats the chance of getting banned or suspended after 4/20 patch on using forage /cast and slave macro's ? and 1 have any idea's

I am certainly no authority on this, but just in what I have seen posted around, there seems to be very few things SoE isn't able to see MQ2 users doing...at least on the active hack side of the house. Now, whether or not SoE is going after people using /cast or /stick or whatever other plugins like these is anyone's guess. It seems like they are going after the warpers, GKers, and AutoAttackNoDelay (for all classes, not just Monks) users.

There is no solid MQ2 structure, or what-have-you, that is working at full-speed after last week's patch...at least none that people are making known to the public. As with any risk, it all depends on how much you are willing to lose. Personally, I don't see the risk outweighing the reward at this point in time. Using discretion and not going overboard might help you get further in not being noticed than someone Gking and warping. But, as I said before, it's anyone's guess what they can see right now. It's kinda like fucking a hooker in Thailand without a condom. You might not get burned, but chances are you will...and at any rate you are still risking it all by even going there in the first place without proper protection.

ROFL. that is funny shit LOL. I have a trader up in bazaar and the program is running but nothing else is running except the map is showing every 1 , so i was wondering should i turn the program off and only have it on when im foraging/cast/slave ?

The main thing with the foraging, if afk foraging that is, is the just be careful where and how long you do it. I've seen so many people in obvious spots that had been afk for days. Meanwhile there are bags on the ground from inventory being full and forage keeps running and spitting stuff on the ground. Things like that is just asking for the casual passer by to wonder what is happening. If you are foraging while actively playing, chances are slim of getting caught.

As others have said though, right now with all that has happened, discretion is your best bet.

I feel ya. I run 5-6 accounts myself. I was mostly using MQ2 for controlling my team so I didn't have to atl-tab as often. I dabbled in GKing about two weeks ago, but I got nabbed in an instanced zone shortly after I started using it. Like I said, they seem to mainly be going after the warpers and GKers. I dont think they can trace a lot of the passive stuff (NoAnon, Map stuff, etc), but I'm not sure. I'd still be careful using MQ2...you just never know what they can see. Good luck!

Thank you for the info :) as it is im only running the forage mq at night on my box pc's while we sleep and than in morning before we head to work i shut down that pc that is running it and only have up my other 2 pc's that are running traders.the only thing i was concerned with was that my wife and I had the .exe program running on our 2 main comps and traders were up all day and the map i dont think has a on off, and i just got home and exited the program and zoned out and it still shows every 1 on map walking around even after i turned off the program lol. so i restarted and left the program off. ill just run the program on my 1 comp for now at night and turn it off in morning so there is no trace of it lol.there are alot of folks here that are very helpfull thank you again :)

Ccomp's Law: The chances of being banned throughout the lifetime of your MQ2 career approaches 1 the longer and more obvious you use it.

dead_kitten02.jpg

Post all questions in the help requests and questions forum.

I Have used MQ for 4 years and only got caught GK'n using melee ghost. I have warped alot but in zones where no one generaly is. I would say on average I warped 5-6 times a day every time i played which is 5 days a week give or take.

I guess if you are careless or ballsy you will/can get caught.

Either they havent been going crazy on banning just plain old warper's or I have been considerably lucky. And I doubt I have that much luck. Friend of mine got suspended for MK some shit in ToB and I warped to his corpse and warped back to succor point.

hotdog said:
I feel ya. I run 5-6 accounts myself. I was mostly using MQ2 for controlling my team so I didn't have to atl-tab as often. I dabbled in GKing about two weeks ago, but I got nabbed in an instanced zone shortly after I started using it. Like I said, they seem to mainly be going after the warpers and GKers. I dont think they can trace a lot of the passive stuff (NoAnon, Map stuff, etc), but I'm not sure. I'd still be careful using MQ2...you just never know what they can see. Good luck!

To me, it's not about what they can or can't see. I'm not going to be stupid and use active hacks, but I am going to continue using macros and other non active hacks (there's plenty of nice functionality that MQ2 STILL has to offer), and if I get banned for that because Sony can see it, it doesn't matter anymore.... because I don't want to play EQ without MQ2.

Sony can go fuck themselves to hell in a handbasket, sideways with a diamond bladed chainsaw (with the prices they charge and the customer service they offer, they shouldn't have any problem affording one) if they don't want me using MQ2. I pay to play, therefor should be allow to play it how I wish.

I was caught by a zone developer, which didn't have the authority to ban the account, so it went a few days, where I didn't even log in... then I got the email from a GM saying that ban is now in effect. Devs are the all-seeing eye.

chances of bans/suspen. after 4/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back