• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Casting time window disappeared (standard EQ UI) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
648¢
This is a straight up EQ question. On one of my characters my Casting Time window went AWOL. It's the window that shows the burndown meter when you are casting a spell. I can't find an option to restore it in the menus. Anyone know how to fix this issues?

Solution
If it is just a position problem, you can edit your UI_charname_server.ini file and change the position. Look for the [CastSpellWnd] section (if we are thinking about the same window). Then, there should be XPosxxx= and YPosxxx= settings. The xxx is the Video mode, like 1024x768, or windowed, whatever one you are using. One or both of the settings is probably too high, or negative. Change the number after the equal sign for both entries to something relatively low. Like 50. Then, re-load the UI from the options window. It should reappear towards the top left based on what you entered.
This worked.
you probably either accidentally minimized it, moved it off-screen, moved it behind another window or toggled it off when a keybind setting.
That's what I thought, but I can't find it anywhere. I can't find an option under Alt+o for a 'Casting Time' window under any category. I suspect it's moved offscreen, but no sure how I would get it back onscreen. I assume I could to a complete UI reset somehow, but that's a pain in the ass. I guess I'll have to dig around in the UI file some more.

hrm, weird, i don't actually see the keybind either, maybe im thinking of eq2, how weird.

not sure if you said you already did or not, but i would start casting a long spell, and move other ui pieces around in case it is sitting behind another window

It's likely off the display area. I had this happen before. Had to re-load default UI resetting all window settings. Then it showed up. I know it's a pain because then you will have to re-position everything back to the way it was before. But it was the only way I fixed it before.

If it is just a position problem, you can edit your UI_charname_server.ini file and change the position. Look for the [CastSpellWnd] section (if we are thinking about the same window). Then, there should be XPosxxx= and YPosxxx= settings. The xxx is the Video mode, like 1024x768, or windowed, whatever one you are using. One or both of the settings is probably too high, or negative. Change the number after the equal sign for both entries to something relatively low. Like 50. Then, re-load the UI from the options window. It should reappear towards the top left based on what you entered.

This worked.

Solution
Question - Casting time window disappeared (standard EQ UI)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back