• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Captain Jack - 16th Anniversary, Two Missions - One Timer! (1 Viewer)

Infiniteye

BANNED
RedCents
104¢
I found this out completely by trial and error, I realize now that SoE won't let us drop some tasks and wait 20 mins and then finish the mission on 1 person. I learn from my mistakes though. I want to tell you about this quick fix for doing the Captain Jack Mission twice with the same toons minus the one who got the aug.

When I realized everyone was going to get a lockout no matter how long I waited, I tried a different tac.

1. If you taskadd the toon getting the aug, he comes in, everyone else leaves the task and zone, don't hail the captain, don't turn in the map yet.

2. Get the Mission again with the grp that just ran the task, minus the guy in there waiting to hail/turn in map/finish.

3. Zone into the new instance, then go back to alt/toon waiting to get his aug. Loot map, turn in, hail bird. Mission completes, EVERYONE still gets a lockout timer but No one gets booted from the new instance. Then simply taskadd new alt/friend whoever and do the mission a second time. Yes, the toons who left and started the new mission get no currency or xp but who cares! :)

4. Profit. I successfully ran the task this way for a few friends toons and my own alts when we were down to the wire, I had 4 toons to get augs for in 1 day the 27th. Everything was gone on the 28th as per the notes on the events end dates. I Was able to run the task twice on my main toons each time and get 1 Lockout for 2 task runs. It's the only exploit I figured out that no one else has seemed to figure out or maybe hasn't told anyone. I missed out on all the other stuff like getting the sarnak mask and Powar trophy because I was not doing anniversary stuff back before the patch that nerfed them, was too busy enjoying all that bonus xp. I tried doing the entire powar mission and the entire sarnak mission and found it impossible. No Sarnak mask for me or PoW trophy :( At least this year. Maybe my tips will help people next year who don't want to deal with the lockout timer issue.

I was the lazy bastard who logged in super late and made eye run tons of missions so my alt whore army could have augs !

Strategy - Captain Jack - 16th Anniversary, Two Missions - One Timer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back