• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Can you see npcs holding chase loot weapons? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,302¢
I tried searching for the answer to this to no avail. There are 2 "facts" I'm aware of...

1) Npcs spawn with their loot table set (99% of the time)
2) Humanoid npcs will "sometimes" equip/display items on their loot table (ie. orc with orc pick)

I tried searching for the answer to this to no avail. There are 2 "facts" I'm aware of...

2) Humanoid npcs will "sometimes" equip/display items on their loot table (ie. orc with orc pick)
I have seen a humanoid mob holding a chase loot dagger. I killed said mob and he did indeed have a bloodied dagger. Even after I looted it off the corpse it still showed the graphic of that dagger. It might have been some glitch in the matrix but that was what caught my attention and made me pull the mob to begin with.

Sometimes yes. I have seen SOME weapons on mobs when they had a chase loot weapon that was unique. But if you think its going to increase your chances of finding a chase loot weapon.... dont bother.

Yes for the display question, GD Bloodmaw camp, was there one day and noticed one of the mobs holding a dagger, at first thought someone charmed it and gave it weapons then left it. After killing it the mob had a chase dagger on the loot.

If I am not mistaken, I believe this came from OLD world EQ where this was the case. But I don't think this applies anymore sadly. I remember being excited with other group members when we'd see a mob holding the weapon we were after (or experiencing procs in battle from the weapon procs on the mobs side ...IE SSoY). Ah those were the days!

If I am not mistaken, I believe this came from OLD world EQ where this was the case. But I don't think this applies anymore sadly. I remember being excited with other group members when we'd see a mob holding the weapon we were after (or experiencing procs in battle from the weapon procs on the mobs side ...IE SSoY). Ah those were the days!
yep.. chardok and Loremaster Piza`tak spawning holding bigass hammer Anklesmasher .. FINALLY!

that was the big one i remembered, was an awful long camp for me to get that to drop!

Certain models show equipped weapons while others do not. The graphic doesn’t tell you much about what they are holding though, since weapons share graphics.

Can you see npcs holding chase loot weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back