• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Can I disable the 'X' key initiating combat in mq2? (1 Viewer)

nebulous

RedCents
432¢
I have always used this key as my 'consider' key, and it's causing some inventory issues when I press it now, as it automatically tries to put ranged/throwing items into the ranged slot.

I'm hoping that there's a simple way for me to disable this.

I believe its under options, in the general options tab in EQ, see if its set to X under keys and commands.. I changed mine to Q but I do believe they set it as X as starters

edit

ive never seen MQ change the keys to attack and such, and ive had MQ since i joined this site lol

You might be right. Is there a 'ranged attack' hotkey you can set? I know that X is not set as melee attack.

*edit*
I'm at work right now, or I'd look for myself!

I dont see any ranged attack key defined anywhere under options, I thought it was tied into the auto attack key but there may be a way to set it under MQ but I have no idea on that one

IF it is then it will be RED to let you know!

- - - Updated - - -

For instance, I set Open Bags Toggle AND Open Bank Bags to the same Shift B key so I can open them both with 1 key and it still works as just an Open Bags key when away from the bank....

X is only assigned to the command 'consider', and this issue persists. When I have a creature targeted and hit X, my inventory shifts and it attempts to throw ranged items at the target.

Question - Can I disable the 'X' key initiating combat in mq2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back