• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Broadcasting commands (1 Viewer)

RedCents
572¢
Complete newb question:

I am looking to broadcast commands using MQ2, not ISboxer or anything.
How can I go about doing this? EQBC?

For example I want to tell all my guys to /stick toonname

Use eqbc, then make a social like this one

Rich (BB code):
/bcg //stick id ${Me.ID} 15 healer

This will stick to whoever does the social at 15 distance and not having to face the person.

|
| I need dem redcents! Thank!
|

On the topic of EQBC, is using commands in social hotkeys 'safe'? I've been lurking around a bit and I've seen a few times people mention to never use anything mq2 related in game chat windows. If you put a command in a social, does it send that text through one of the game chat windows, or the mq2 one? Do I have to click the mq2 window first as a sort of 'use this window' then click the social?

I've spent a few years playing with eqbc on an emu server, but it was allowed so I never paid any mind to which chat window I'd send commands through. But I'm new to using it on live, and I'm just overly paranoid since I'm using on my main accounts and would rather not get a suspension for doing something dumb like spamming a bunch of /bcg socials that end up in chat logs or something. :)

Airemus: I still click on the MQ2Win to type my commands. However, most will tell you that MQ2 will intercept MQ2 commands to keep them from the servers. 10+ years ago, that was not the case and we were careful not to send a MQ2 command thru the servers.

The reason I still type my commands in the MQ2Win is if you type a typo thereby issuing a command that MQ2 doesn't recognize and therefore doesn't intercept, and you see the "That is not a valid command" msg, then I still suspect it was sent to the server... so it might as well have been done in the MQ2Win to avoid the roundtrip.

I use MQ2 commands in hotkeys/socials all the time, as do most. I usually type them first in a text editor to sniff out any typos. Sometimes I even C & P them into MQ2Win to test before enlisting them in a hotkey.

The short(er) answer is, commands are safe in hotkeys/socials.

incase it matter, remember "/bcg" and /bcga" is only sent to group members. If you have toons outside the group, you will want to use "/bca" to get them to all perform the command, or "/bcaa" to include the sender toon. IE

Rich (BB code):
/bca //stick ${Me.CleanName} hold

Question - Broadcasting commands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back