• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Brand New To MQ2 - TLDR: Looking For Basic Basics (1 Viewer)

Zypporah

RedCents
80¢
I realize I'm probably really testing the whole "no such thing as a stupid question" thing here. I appreciate your patience in advance.

I have subscribed for the free level 1 services, although there doesn't appear to be a list of what's included. I'm not a multi-boxer, but am interested in MQ2 for the following reasons:
1) Would like automation of my combat abilities/buffs
2) Interested in the Bazaar auto-pricing feature
3) Navigation to find certain NPCs/mobs
4) Perhaps other ancillary things...

I want the very bare-bones basic stuff. It seems like you can't download the launcher unless you are level 2 though? I am basically lost at this point as far as what I need to do. I would appreciate any help you can offer. I am not a computer savvy person overall, so please ELI5.

howdy and welcome to redguides Zypporah! We're happy to have you.

Check out these videos and then decide if level 2 is right for you.

> RedGuides new user videos <

The Full Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0qaZ8eAole73lgjke881_17WZFGNFdOE

those videos go through the basic setup to get started

Installing Very Vanilla
MQ2Autologin
MQ2EQBC
MQ2Nav
and Kissassist

you can pretty much be up and running in a very very short amount of time.

--- there are lots of options for this, kissassist, muleassist, RGMercs (little to no configuration), for example
--- there are a few macros in the macro library like Bazaar.mac and Bazaar2.mac
--- many of the combat automation suites will do that in various forms of "hunter" modes
--- mq2nav allows you to navigate to places and things (like mobs)
--- yes, it is a deep rabbit hole of amazing things for multiboxing

our launcher and access to the ini libraries and the macro reposititory is available once you have a level 2 sub

howdy and welcome to redguides Zypporah! We're happy to have you.

Check out these videos and then decide if level 2 is right for you.

> RedGuides new user videos <

The Full Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0qaZ8eAole73lgjke881_17WZFGNFdOE

those videos go through the basic setup to get started

Installing Very Vanilla
MQ2Autologin
MQ2EQBC
MQ2Nav
and Kissassist

you can pretty much be up and running in a very very short amount of time.

--- there are lots of options for this, kissassist, muleassist, RGMercs (little to no configuration), for example
--- there are a few macros in the macro library like Bazaar.mac and Bazaar2.mac
--- many of the combat automation suites will do that in various forms of "hunter" modes
--- mq2nav allows you to navigate to places and things (like mobs)
--- yes, it is a deep rabbit hole of amazing things for multiboxing

our launcher and access to the ini libraries and the macro reposititory is available once you have a level 2 sub

I did receive the email with the videos and such, but it starts off with "Very Vanilla" tips, which, from my understanding, I don't have access to unless I have a paid subscription?

So until or unless I get a level 2 (theoretically could earn for free) sub, I don't have access to the launcher, but I would just go through the "plugins" forum and individually download those?

I did receive the email with the videos and such, but it starts off with "Very Vanilla" tips, which, from my understanding, I don't have access to unless I have a paid subscription?

So until or unless I get a level 2 (theoretically could earn for free) sub, I don't have access to the launcher, but I would just go through the "plugins" forum and individually download those?
the launcher and downloading all the compiled program and plugins and such is all "level 2"

any links to plugins is to the code on our git for self compiling - which it doesn't sound like that is the route you want since you mentioned not being super tech savvy.

your best bet is to lvl 2 and then use the launcher, and follow those 5 starter vids to keep it simple

you're mostly there to your redcents needed for lvl 2!

you are 30 Redcents of the 50 needed for level 2 already; if paying for a month is an issue your close to having 1 for free. and if you participate in this community it is not hard to keep that status.

you are 30 Redcents of the 50 needed for level 2 already; if paying for a month is an issue your close to having 1 for free. and if you participate in this community it is not hard to keep that status.

Thanks! You earn redcents as a result of someone "liking" your post/comment? I will have to think of something interesting/informational to post in another section of the forum then ;-)

Hi Zyp,

I'm relatively new myself also.

Sic's advice was invaluable throughout and if you are anything like me and not super tech savvy, RGMercs is a fantastic place to start. Essentially "plug and play" I've got my 6 box group up to level 60 currently and as I wanted the characters to do slightly more I then edited the ingame requirements for that character (easy as it gives you a list).

Really good starting point is to load that and use that while you get used to it!

Hello Zypporah

The basic things are these. You get level 2 access in RegGuides, then you can download the launcher program. It will install all you require to have fun with RedGuides Very Vanilla MQ & EQ.
Sic has already given details on the videos, and they are nice short ( a few minutes each) introductions to features of using RedGuides Very Vanilla MQ.

One single advice I have for you learning, Keep It Simple.

By that I mean, you may already have a DBG paid subscription with a level 115 character main and number of alts, also 115 or random progress towards that. The advice there is leave that alone for a short time, make a new, free to play account with DBG and start small.

Remove the complex array of abilities and spells. Say bye bye to high level mobs that need skill and tactics to fight. Back to lowbie newbie zone with a starter character.
See what it can offer you in a basic world of play.

The videos show the setup of a couple of new characters, dwarven cleric & warrior, to start out hunting in Butcherblock mountains. The original dwarf newbie zone.
Back when I started during the summer last year I created two accounts, two characters and did exactly as the video had shown.

You can then build on the knowledge and skills, having started from this solid foundation.

After a little practice, you'll be in a position to switch in and use the MQ software to aid in driving your original EQ accounts like a pro!

Regards and Best Wishes.

you are gonna love it. U don't need to be a boxer to enjoy what's going on here. Once u watch the videos, and learn some of the basics, you pretty much have complete autonomy over your toons control. U can pull, make it auto pull.. dps.. make it auto dps... Etc. The find thing is phenomenal, significantly better than the EQ map find feature. ( don't forget to inv/itu yourself tho.. that can be problematic lol ). If u want to add a toon to your mix, u also can control; everything it does. For example, I have a hotkey for 2 things.. /nav stop ... this stops it from running somewhere which can be a very good thing to do at times... and /MQP... MacroQuestPause ?... this pauses the program for ya so u can do things u want to do.. for example, Buff your team. someone might be missing buffs, its set to you/ma... U want to rebuff others.. or things like I do.. I hit my /mqp then go pull... stops me from training my dumbass when my sk likes to go fetch 5 mobs... ( he sees something shiny at the back.. and pulls that... and big shiny brings some friends )

Definitely make those 2 keys.. they will help u avoid so many deaths lol. Another thing... I found for example when i'm using the "follow-me" feature... U may at times glitch the guy following. he will get stuck on something and beat his head against it.. use the /nav stop... reposition him away from the obstacle.

The Help u get here is amazing. These guys seem to be online all day and night helping people with problems and giving advice.

I am really enjoying RG and the people in it now that I'm more into it and understand more.

Anyway. Welcome:)

Question - Brand New To MQ2 - TLDR: Looking For Basic Basics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back