• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Box & General Question

ARHEverquest

RedCents
294¢
Hey guys!

First - this whole website has completely changed my attitude as a returning player because I went from rarely having a group and consistently saying LFG in my guild and being so limited on what I can do - to having so much content to go over for who knows how long. I'm less than a week in and it's done a 180 for me. Thanks in advance for anyone who shares their insight on my two questions.

1. My box consists of: BER | BER | BER | SK | BARD | Cleric Merc ------- My thought is to use the bard for slow / CC / Haste. Anyone's thought on potential changes is appreciated - Note that I'm still leveling my 2 BER and Bard to my SK & other BER. I haven't utilized the group as a whole just yet so i don't know how the Merc could do. If it goes south, I may replace with a Shaman. I see one big problem currently is porting.

2. Does everyone pay for all of their bots? I've seen where some say to pay for one month to get the auto-grant AA, but wouldn't you be subject to the AA cap for the F2P char? I also thought F2P chars can't level beyond a specific level (this is my assumption)

Hey guys!

First - this whole website has completely changed my attitude as a returning player because I went from rarely having a group and consistently saying LFG in my guild and being so limited on what I can do - to having so much content to go over for who knows how long. I'm less than a week in and it's done a 180 for me. Thanks in advance for anyone who shares their insight on my two questions.

1. My box consists of: BER | BER | BER | SK | BARD | Cleric Merc ------- My thought is to use the bard for slow / CC / Haste. Anyone's thought on potential changes is appreciated - Note that I'm still leveling my 2 BER and Bard to my SK & other BER. I haven't utilized the group as a whole just yet so i don't know how the Merc could do. If it goes south, I may replace with a Shaman. I see one big problem currently is porting.

2. Does everyone pay for all of their bots? I've seen where some say to pay for one month to get the auto-grant AA, but wouldn't you be subject to the AA cap for the F2P char? I also thought F2P chars can't level beyond a specific level (this is my assumption)
Welcome to RedGuides!

1. a real cleric is so many leaps and bounds above a cleric merc - definitely consider that.
1. for modern times, stuff dies pretty fast that your tank belt is enough slow to not need bard to waste a song doing it.
1. modern times moving around is really really really easy, porting is much less of an issue than in yesterday year

2. you can krono a toon for autogrant - spend those 30 days PLing, and then retain access to all of those AAs once your krono expires, you just can't earn any more.

My best suggestion would be to swap out that merc for either a Real Cleric or better yet a Shammy. But, if that price point is too high I get it :)

Move with all speed to get Sk his 2.0 and Anqish BP and as time permits get your Bard there RoF class sword for insta cast slow.

Ditto on 2.0 for Zerks

Once that's done, make sure your farming your overseer for coins (or buy them if you are on FV) so you can stay stocked up on Rez tokens so you can rez in the middle of fights.

I'll take it into consideration about the cleric. I may go ahead and pop one since my other char's i'm currently leveling are on the lower side.

Thats awesome to know about the Krono/Autogrant/PL idea. Wouldn't this also be limited to gear that I can use? I remember when I first logged in as a F2P char (previously paid) - some items were either yellow or purple - I don't really remember, but it's as if some of the gear I had on, the char wasn't benefitting. Does this make sense?

Thanks for your input!

I have 2 mains that are Gold/All Access. The others are Silver. I will wait for a bonus experience to happen (like 4th of July or similar) in game and then throw a Krono on one or two of the Silvers. Then try and play as much as you can during that month or however long the bonus is going on, leveling and getting Auto Grant AA.

Don't over look some other things that will help your crew are augs and progression AA: COF has heroic stats rewards.

There is a lot more non prestige gear out there now days for example Conflagrant gear can be worn by non presitge and is about 5000 a stat.

Although this sounds like its just for SK, I found it to be good info for helping figure out what I really needed to do - there are a lot of good links on stuff I knew nothing about

Def agree here wiht the rest.

MT NEEDS to be gold, silver the rest. You can get some really nice weapons and armor that is non prestige, and ok/soso typ 5's/7's
But you NEED a healer if you plan on doing alot at 115+ that healer merc never comes close to what a healer can do

Sic/Arander/RedMonkey/Yanna - thanks for your advice.

I had no idea there was prestige and nonprestige gear. Thanks to the thread you posted redmonkey, the raidloot.com website is super helpful.

Going to make a cleric to replace the merc and leave as F2P. Seems like there is some pretty solid gear you can get as a F2P char.

Question - Box & General Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back