• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bot Question (1 Viewer)

Zole

RedCents
I have a warrior, cleric, and enchanter. Is it possible to have a bot for my enchanter and cleric and play my warrior? Sorry I am completely new to autoplaying characters. It's a great idea btw!

Also, Is this the way people can get aa's without being at their computers?

Help a noob_001_corpse out plz..

Zole

This is coming from an avid botter, and the obvious answer is yes, it can be done. There are many good scripts written to do this, but for most of them you will want a VIP access at the Macroquest2 website. It is available for a donation of $10 or more to the developers, and well worth the money to help them maintain the codebase we all benefit from within the EQ community.

That said, there are various path's you can follow and benefit from. I am partial to a solution called modbot, which is at version 3.something. Basically it is a set of macro files which can be custom configured through INI files for each character. When you start the macro running, it creates a file cammed MB_Character.ini, which you have a separate one for each character listing their spells, what %HP of the mob to cast it at, etc. Like my Shaman casts slow when the mob hits 99%, cause I found if I had it at 100, it would slow any mob I passed lol, which was not a good situation. Anyways, there is also a Wiki entry ate the MQ2 website devoted to how to configure this macro and its utilities. one of the main advantages I can think of is I am able to issue commands into the BC window that will control each of my characters, and as long as I am running the same set of bot programs, the commands don't vary as much. Just one reason for an integrated solution.

There are other integrated solutions like zbot, and others, which may do just as good a job, I am not as familiar with them though as I am with modbot.

There are also other solutions like AFCleric, which is used for your cleric obviously, which can be run by itself, or with other macros , as well as stand alone versions for chanters, and most other classes.

Most of the time with my box group, I will manually run the monk for pulling duty, and switch to the warrior for tanking as needed, most of the healing, slowing etc is automatically taken care of.

Anyway, that is some thoughts on boxing for you, and just look into the various areas here and at the MQ2 forums for macros dedicated to the various duties you wish to perform.

Just be aware most of them will take a little customization with your preferred spellsets to make them work as you want them to. That is the beauty of this though, each one can start with the same base set, then customize it to where you are comfortable using it.

You will have a nice setup when you get everything going. With a tank, healer, and crowd control you could probably even do some more advanced botting if you want.

What levels are your toons? If they are still in the under 75 range, you might start off with the Forgotten Halls macros. I run that one some with teams of 4 or 5 to get a few AA's while gathering sunshard ore which you can use to max jewelcrafting, smithing, tailoring, spell research, AND tinkering I think. You'll get gems as well, including Taaffenite (sp?).

Anyway, it may not be the best xp, but it's easy peasy and is around 20-30ish AA per day depending on character level.

The sky is the limit as far as automating gameplay! Back in the day, I ran 24/7 DON crystal farming scripts and made a killing. I'm just recently back after a 2 year break from EQ and will hopefully be running some more modern farming scripts soon.

Nightmare327 is spot on with their suggestions. The MQ2 Wiki is a great resource and so is checking out other macros.

Good luck and enjoy the macro'n experience. You may find, like me and many others, that the macro writing is almost more fun than the actual playing!

Bot Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back