• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bios and Disc ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

banned
BANNED
RedCents
Now if you could re-set your bios while in game shouldent that re-set your disciplin's ? I posted this long ago before this was even redguides and some had figured out a way to do this ? Just bringing this back up because i had to reset my bios cause my disc where all messed up and i got to use my vet rewards twice in 10 minutes.... ??? Hmm

cant really reset your bios while in game. not on any machine i have anyway.. thats all done on boot up. and the bug was a time bug if i remember correctly that if your time was off in bios you had some funky errors in game. sometimes it would give you short timers. sometiimes it would give you veeery long timers.

but this was one of the fixes they used to give if you had bugged timers..

you mean your cmos - and you can't reset that ingame. it's powered by itself pretty much, it has a battery. you have to cut the power to reset it. technically, you can remove your bios from your computer while it's booted. you can swap in another for repair purposes (aka, hot swapping)

changing windows clock will indeed change your cmos clock however.

Aren't all disc and/or aa timers stored server side? Even if you could reset bios while running game(yes, it can be done) what would be the point? I'm curious if this was a bug on your part if you had your timers resest after, if not, I will look into it and figure out what particular part of the bios reset would casue them to reset. Only thing i could think of would be the cmos RTC changing and that would only affect game if the timers where set client side.

I box on multiple computers. Moving from one PC to the other, which would put the toon on a diff bios all together, did not reset discs or AAs. Not sure how it would if they are serverside.

Disciplines get their start time from your CPU clock. If you were to say code an advanced plugin to automatically set back your CPU clock the exact amount of time the disc cooldown is and then set it back forward then you would be able to basically permadisc.

TeachersPet said:
Disciplines get their start time from your CPU clock.

Then switching to another computer or even restarting should change those timers, whether shorter or longer, but dosen't, just as eyeknowy said. My guess is still they are ALL kept serverside. Though I'm still not sure what you mean by your CPU "clock". That could mean several things, care to elaborate? Not downing ya, I'm just very curious on this and like to know.

After looking over the post again, i'm assuming you mean the cpu clock as in cpu clock cycle counter, which would make since. Be tough to manipulate that but possible. But even still switching computers would throw the timers off by some margin if that is how it really does get it's timers. Got my mind working overtime on this, could be interesting :p

it's not possible to reset your disciplines via fucking with your clock.

it's possible to make the times LONGER, but not shorter.

If your clocks off one way, your client says your disc isn't ready and won't let you hit it. If your clocks off the other way, your client says your disc is ready - but then when you hit it, the server goes "wtf d00d? no its not!"

grog said:
it's not possible to reset your disciplines via fucking with your clock.

it's possible to make the times LONGER, but not shorter.

If your clocks off one way, your client says your disc isn't ready and won't let you hit it. If your clocks off the other way, your client says your disc is ready - but then when you hit it, the server goes "wtf d00d? no its not!"

Hence they are all stored serverside, case closed I guess.

Bios and Disc ?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back