• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Big news from Blizz (1 Viewer)

Everyone thought they were going to announce this as World of Starcraft, Frybread called it as an RTS so hard. I think he said the korean thing gave it away, they really love RTS games there.

I played the first one as a kid so i am defentily buying this one. Btw what is the GG stand for if it stands for anything?

I played the first one, loved it, but never got around to buying it.
Guess i got something to keep me occupied over the summer.

I probably would've given up on Blizzard if they really were doing a World of Starcraft. Okay, you guys gave us an MMO, now give us something else.

Starcraft 2 is what I wanted.

Yeah, I dunno. With the gameplay footage they have already...

It looks like they have their graphics engine pretty much done. Map making is not that huge a process for experienced map makers with their toolset, so that won't really eat up much time, and then it just comes down to balancing units, which will take a bit of work, but even that doesn't have to be that perfect, because it always gets tweaked a ton in the first few patches, and forever on and on as people develop new strats to abuse any discrepancies in the balance. I don't think it would be any later than Q4 2008. Maybe as early as Q1 or 2 next year.

From what I understand this is pre alpha and tbh the gameplay footage looks a bit like that of WC3 so they might reused a big part of that engine for the announcement. That and it is blizzard these guys can keep everything waiting forever ;p

I don't think it looks like WC3. It looks like a 3d RTS. Which is WC3, AoM, AoE3, etc etc. I think it'll just be scripting and voice acting and stuff for the SP and map generation and then balance. Holiday season 08 at the latest, I'd put money on it.

Sadly, 7 years or so ago I would have been shitting my pants with excitement over this. Now I know I will buy it, it will get played for a week or two tops, and then it will collect dust like every other non-MMO game I have picked up in the past 6-7 years...

I'll be in the same boat as Mven. I may also play it at lan parties a bit, but all the people I go to lan parties with play WoW so we always end up drunkedly raiding some lowbie town. They also suck at RTS's, so probably wouldn't want to play it for long.

starcraft was/is 99% lame and 1% zerg.

that's just me, though, i'm sure. i bought C&C 3, played the first two missions, was like "damn, this game is a lot of fun and HOLY SHIT IS THAT GRACE PARK?! !! !??!" (boomer / sharon / athena on battlestar for the ignorant)

then i crapped my pants, and haven't played it since.

i swear to god, i don't even make sense to myself 99% of the time.

I just don't get how anyone who claims to enjoy RTS games can disrespect Starcraft. It's just too damn good of a game in my eyes. I guess that makes me a fanboy... but seriously... ground to ground, air to air, ground to air only, air to ground only, cloaks, detectors, drop ships... Three completely different races... not just 3 variations of the same shit with different names on the units... and they are still very well balanced, yet different, lending to different playstyles each in their own way. I dunno, I can see someone saying they got tired of it, or that they don't like RTS games, therefore making it lame. But if you play RTS's, and you've actually given SC multiplayer a reasonable chance to impress you, I just don't see how it wouldn't. The diversity yet with balance is just too strong.

Come on guys, World of Starcraft would be great! You could spend hours farming minerals and Vespene gas to turn in for rep! That way it accurately simulates both WoW and Starcraft.

D3 is WoW
WoS is WoW with new graphics.

SC2 was the only game they could put out without destroying themselves

Big news from Blizz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back