• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Best way to determine aggro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
What is the best way to determine if you have aggro?

${Me.combat} true if /attack is on? Or does it check for mob aggro
${Me.GotAggro} Ive seen this in the MQ2melee plugin, but don’t know if that is a /declare

Im trying to get it to /attack on when I get attacked (AFK) . This will be in the middle of a macro while it is on idle. Then when mob dies to resume the macro
!${Me.Combat} /call healingsub

Just trying to keep it simple.

${Me.Combat} will always be true if you have turned attack on, but will be false if you're under attack.

${Melee.GotAggro} is part of the MQ2Melee plugin and should be a relatively good indicator of whether you have aggro. To use it, you can do something like this in your macro:

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Melee.GotAggro}) {
  /echo I have aggro from something, attacking
  /killthis
}
Alternatively, you could clear your target after killing/looting or whatever. And then run a check to see if you have something on your target (ie. if something hit you) and then attack if so. Something like this:

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.ID}) {
  /echo I have aggro again
  /attack on
}

Use events like so:

Rich (BB code):
#Event hit "#*#hits you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#kicks you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#bites you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#bashes you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#slashes you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#pierces you for#*#"
#Event hit "#*#crushes you for#*#"

Sub Event_hit
:loop
/delay 1s
/if (!${Melee.Combat} && ${Target.ID}) /killthis
/if (!${Melee.Combat} && !${Target.ID}) /call healingsub
/goto :loop
/return

Then just add in a /doevents (or even a /doevents hits) into your main loop.

There is a call to check if you are on HoTT of the mob as I recall. Think it was used in the warrior macro a while back that was on the mq2 boards might have been vip I forget.

everdead said:
There is a call to check if you are on HoTT of the mob as I recall. Think it was used in the warrior macro a while back that was on the mq2 boards might have been vip I forget.

aye autobot also uses HOTT to determine who has aggro.

Best way to determine aggro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back